6.10.2012

summer time is the best time

After St. George Will had his final day of school which was his dance festival. The kindergarten did the chicken dance! It was really cute and so fun to watch.
After the dance festival, as celebration for his true final day of school we went out to lunch. Will's choice: Sonic. Yummmm right? :) Oh the things kids choose. Mostly he wanted to go there just for a drink! We love their slushies. I ordered a Cafe Rio take out and picked it up on the way home. ;) After our yummy lunch, we headed over to the pool. It was a great day for swimming. It was so fun to see our friends there! We love having access to the pool so close!
After a couple hours of swimming, we had our mini violin recital and group lesson. Will played Allegro for the group. He did a fantastic job, I am so proud of his violin accomplishments! We are already growing out of his cute little violin and needing a bigger one!
 One thing we love about living in Utah is the proximity to the mountains. They are beautiful and so easy to enjoy. We went with some friends and had smore's last weekend up the canyon. The boys always love it. They love to climb, find rocks, find branches for the fire, and of course, to eat the smores!
 Most nights, Eli creeps into our room and makes himself a bed on the floor. It is so cute and so annoying at the same time. Although I love when I get up and see him snuggled up on my floor!
I think I will miss it when he is grown up and doesn't do it anymore!
 This past week we had our first week of swimming lessons. The boys are doing GREAT! I am SO proud of them and so excited for them. Mrs. Sheryl, is so incredible. I don't know how she does it, but she makes them swim. Eli loves it (as you can see in the picture). He is so funny, but he is really doing well. Now when we go to our pool, he actually swims, head under the water, kicking his legs, holding his breath type of swimming. I love seeing my boys in the water, it brings back so many good childhood memories! Will is also doing great. Mrs. Sheryl has him jumping off the diving board and stroking to the other side of the pool. I'm amazed at how much he has learned in just a week. This week is our second and final week until next summer!

 This week was full of fun nights! Monday night, my sister surprised me for my birthday (the big 3-0!!). She picked me up and we drove up to Logan to see my other sister and sisters in-law. We hung out, ate dinner, and I had my sister in-law do my nails. It was super fun, a great celebration for my birthday! Then Tuesday was my actual birthday. I was hoping to spend some time at the pool but the wind was crazy, 40 mph wind, so opted to stay inside! When Scott got home from work, we went to dinner and then to a movie. It was super fun. Wednesday night, I was able to see my friends from MN. It was so fun to catch up with everybody and spend time with such good friends. I love that even when we haven't seen each other for so long it is like no time has passed at all.
 I permed my hair! I needed a change, and I didn't want to cut it, so I permed it. It is fun, curly, easy to fix, and a really fun summer hairdo!
 On Thursday, my in-laws drove down and took us out to lunch for my birthday. We went to the Tai House. It was super tasty, we love their wontons!! The boys really loved these praying statues!

 This is my little twinner hair boyfriend. He is my neighbor's little guy and is such a sweetie. She did my perm and this is her little guy. He is so sweet and cute, I loved our similar hair, and who doesn't love baby kisses?!
 Yesterday Will and Scott were playing boxing on the wii. It was cracking me up, so hilarious. Will's face was hysterical I couldn't help to keep snapping pictures. I love when Will plays the wii, he gets so into it that his cheeks and face get all red and he's super hyper about it.


We are enjoying our summer so far and looking forward to the next few months we have to spend together! My only fear is that it will go by too quick and we'll be back in school before I know it!

5 comments:

Jaci said...

I LOVE Your perm!!! You have inspired me!! Super fun that you got to see Chalece. I know she was excited for that! Happy summer days to you and your boys!

Mary said...

Oh Kara! I love the family pics on the side of your Blog! Such great photos of your cute family! Miss you guys!

Betsy said...

Cute hair, as always! Cute boys too. I can't believe how big they're getting. Looks like a fun start to summer. We've been at the pool a lot too.

Justin and Stacey said...

You are the only person I know that looks so amazing with a perm! I LOVE it!! I wish my hair would do that. I'm glad you had such a great 30th! How great to spend it with your sisters. Wish I was there to take you out to lunch. You look like the cutest 30 yr old on the block. :) Miss you!!

Justin and Stacey said...

PS. I have the same iphone cover...you must have good taste! :)