6.18.2012

our slow down summer

So far, the best part of our summer has been that we haven't been too busy. Last Summer, we moved out of my sisters house, into my brothers house, spent a week in Idaho, Colorado, and Idaho again. Then finally we moved into OUR house. So this Summer has been a major slow down for us. Will spends lots of time playing Legos, especially while Eli is asleep napping.
And as a consequence for having Eli nap, he is up at all hours at night! Usually I need the few hours during the day while he naps, so I don't mind snuggling with him until he's tired enough to fall asleep. He is sort of in-between naps these days, so it is great to have the flexibility to nap or not. We have been going to the pool right after lunch and that is nice.
Last week was our last week of swimming lessons with Miss Sheryl. We had a great time and I am so impressed with the progress the boys have made. I love Will in his goggles. He always has to wear them and it cracks me up..... a face only a mother could love!
Eli is so funny, he always tells me "Mom, I'm going to work!" And then he pretends to go out the door. Usually he yells over his shoulder "Love you mom! See you later!" It is pretty cute.

Another nap time adventure. Will got a really cool sheriff's badge from Scott the other day. So he put on all sorts of gear and made us "play" Rango. It was pretty funny.... of course we had to take some pictures with some funny faces. Will's face kills me in the one below.... he is such a mini Scott!
Since we don't have much to do, we spend a lot of time in our PJ's! It is great, and the boys love it. We have really slow mornings and busy afternoons it seems. The boys spend several hours a day wrestling and fighting. Sometimes nicely, sometimes not so nicely. It is pretty funny though, to hear them "fight" and wrestle. Usually Will ends up in tears before Eli, Eli is kind of a brute, but he LOVES to wrestle, so he sometimes doesn't understand when he's gone a little too far.

One thing I love about having boys.... they are worst enemies one moment and best friends the next. No drama! And they are so quick to forgive each other, they are best friends and I love to see how they love each other.
Another picture from the last day of swimming. Will and Miss Sheryl. Great job Will! I'm so happy with all his progress, he is stroking the long way across the pool, stream lining perfectly, back stroking, and was learning to dive by the end of the swimming lessons. Not to mention diving for rings, and has become a champ at holding his breath. Will really enjoys swimming, which makes me so happy! I think he will really love to swim his whole life.... that really makes Grandpa Mortensen happy! ;)
Friday night movie night...... love these boys!
Out to eat with the boys at Blue Lemon: love that place!

The boys really worked hard on their portraits for their dad. They had a lot of fun painting on canvas so Dad can take them to his office. We have a great dad and husband in our family. I feel so lucky and blessed! Scott is so fun and always upbeat and positive. He works hard for our family and plays hard when he comes home at night. We are really looking forward to our week and half vacay with him next week! Love you Scott!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Mini Scott is right on the Rango photos!! What a cute mom you are! I love your permed hair Kara!
I am glad you guys are enjoying a more low-key summer!