5.13.2011

our anniversary

On May 8th, Scott and I had our 8th anniversary! I can't believe it has been eight years. I guess it suprises me, only because the years get better and better, and Scott and I grow more and more as friends, as partners, and as a couple every year. Scott is my best friend, my most beloved companion, and my constant support and steady devotion. He is an amazing father, and who could ask for more? He works hard for us, cherishes us, and does nothing if it doesn't benefit his family. I am amazed at his strength, and character, what a good man I married. I couldn't have chosen a better marriage partner. He's got a wonderful family that I'm so happy to be married into. Plus he makes me laugh constantly, and what relationship is complete without laughter? None.

For our anniversary, we got a babysitter for all six kids (we were still babysitting!), and we went to Sundance to have dinner at the Tree Room. It was beautiful, and romantic, and the food was SO INCREDIBLE. We loved it. We are more than ready to make this our anniversary tradition. The best part is that you feel like you completely "got away" without really going away, or going very far. The view and the drive is wonderful, the atmosphere is just really nice and lovely.

Thanks Scott for everything, and most of all for an amazing night, full of laughter, great food, and wonderful conversation. Here's to 8 more years.... and many more dinners at the Tree Room.
PS - in case you are wondering, we sat right behind the "Tree." It was awesome. My favorite part was that we got to sit close together, on a very comfy, cozy, leather bench. It was great.

1 comment:

DA & J said...

Happy Anniversary! I have heard many great things about the tree room...One day Darin and I will have to try it out...Whenever we get to Utah next!