5.13.2011

mother's day, and a hair cut

Right before my sister left for her trip, I took the plunge and chopped off my hair! It has been long for a couple years now and I was ready for a change. It is always sad to say good-bye to long hair, but I just love my short hair. It's always changing, always evolving, always growing back, and ALWAYS looked like I took time to fix it. Best part, that time it takes to fix it is only about 10 minutes. I'm loving it. It is also fun because it feels like sometimes the hair on your head is pretty much the only thing in life you have control over, so it feels nice, and is a fresh change to chop it off for a new "do." Scroll down for the after shot.... :) It was a lot of hair though, about 8 inches from the base of my neck. Now it's only about 1 inch in the back, but I'm loving it.
Have you ever had days where you are completely enamored and in love with your kids? Well, I have those days almost every day, but this day in particular with Eli. He just looked so grown up and was being so funny. He is growing so fast and getting so big, I'm amazed everyday at how he is growing and learning.

Aren't they handsome little devils. Charming too! And they look innocent, but they can make mischief like nothing else. I love having boys and I love being their mom. What is it about a mother and her sons? Something special, that's what it is.
Mother's Day was wonderful. I was happily greeted with breakfast in bed, and had a wonderful relaxing day. I got great little notes and gifts from Will and really enjoyed my day. What a blessing it is to be a mother, I wish I could take the time to remember and cherish every moment before it is gone. It is difficult not to get caught up in the daily "to-do's." I'm constantly trying to remind myself of that and to remember that these days are fleeting.

1 comment:

Justin and Stacey said...

I LOVE your haircut!!! I am always seeing such cute short hair and tempting myself with them. But then I feel like when I have short hair, I look like I'm 12. But maybe now it would be good to look a little younger? Anyways, yours is not making me want to keep it long much longer. I LOVE IT!!! You look SO SO cute!! ...and so do your boys :)