5.13.2011

two weeks, six kids, and i'm still alive

Well I did it. My sister left me in charge of her four little hoodlums for two weeks (while they toured the Holy Land.... SO jealous!). Her four, plus my two, equals six kids to be in charge of all day, every day for two weeks. I'm proud to say that she has returned safe and sound, and that we survived. We had our moments, but all in all, the kids did great and the house stayed intact. I was pretty proud of myself. :) Last Saturday, it was a beautiful day, so we took advantage and took all six kids up the canyon for a "hike" and picnic. We ended up at Bridal Veil falls. It was a gorgeous day and felt great to be outside and get a little sunshine. The kids had a blast too. All I did the whole time was count bodies in my head "one, two, three, four, five, six.... ok, they are all here" and then a few minutes later, all over again. It helps that two of the kids are mine, but still no easy feat.
The two older hoodlums - Matt and Kayla. By the way, ages of the six kids were 10, 6, 5, 4, 2, 18 mo. C-R-A-Z-Y.
my cute hoodlum.
The falls. A beautiful place, and extra special to me, this where my dad proposed to my mama.
The feast.

We had a great time and it was nice to get out an enjoy the weather. I am loving that Summer is coming!!! This whole babysitting adventure was good for me. Sometimes I wonder why I can't have babies, and I think it is a blessing because if I could whenever I wanted, I'd probably have six of my own right now, and I'd probably have gone crazy. :) I think I'm a better mother of my two boys, and maybe one more someday. Hehe.

No comments: