3.15.2011

sunshine


This past weekend, my sister in-laws (minus Kari - we missed you!!!) and mother in-law headed south, to the land of the sun! It was such great weather, it felt nice to be warm outside, to enjoy some sunshine and to come home with pink cheeks. I loved the blossoming trees everywhere, they were gorgeous and they smelled so nice.
We were lucky to get to stay in Lorinda's parent's condo. It was perfect. Cozy and well equipped. We stayed up way too late, watched Downton Abbey, had lots of funny conversations, and laughed so hard I got a stomach ache. We also showed off our awesome dance moves..... but I don't think I'll be posting that video. EVER.
We were so glad that Liz was able to come. She had to drive 6 hours from Arizona, all by herself and I'm so glad she did. Things just wouldn't be the same without our Lizzy.
We went on a fun "hike." Or at least we tried to. I led us down the wrong path and we never really found the right trail. So instead, we just took off up the cliff. It was awesome weather, and I was really loving all the sun!

Liz and I couldn't resist a good pose on the mountainside. Check us out, we are so weird. I love it.
At the top! Ashlie had phone reception at the top so she called the DNR and tried to figure out where we were and where we had lost the trail. We found out that we were supposed to go left at one point instead of right. Well, the trail was not very well marked and we missed the signs telling us which way to go. Oh well, it was still fun!
Our view from the top. I loved the white rocks we hikes looking out over the red cliffs and the green sage down in the valley. It was a perfect time to be in St. George!
We had a great fiesta of food! We had yummy TACOS, with Brazilian Lemonade. It was quite the feast. Plus we had tons of snacks and munchies!
Before we headed home, we stopped by the temple to take some pictures. I love these ladies, and we really, really, missed Kari and hope she can come next year!! I've learned so much from each one of them and I feel really lucky to have them as family.

Here's to next years trip, I can't wait!! Until then, I'll be dreaming of these beautiful blossom trees and that blue sky. Loved it!

3 comments:

Devin and Liz said...

oh my word... what a fun time we had. hahah.. I just laugh and smile thinking about it. I really did miss having Kari there. Next time, we will ALL be ONE! Loved your pics....haha we are so good at posing.
p.s. Maybe Mr.Pemuk can come next time? just a suggestion

jkmortensen said...

Oh my heart. I was there with you. I didn't stop thinking about the complete bliss of being with you all. Yeah next year maybe I can find some cheaper flights! Thanks for taking pictures and making me feel loved an missed.

Bridget said...

How fun! I just had to let you know that I have been watching Downtown Abbey based on your recommendation and I LOVE it! Thanks! Have you seen North and South? It's also one of my favorites in that type of show. Just make sure you go for the English one and not the Patrick Swayze Civil War one because that was a mistake I made the first time. Yikes.