3.30.2011

as of late

(one year ago! I can't believe it. Look at Eli's cheeks! Trip to Chicago, and the boys before bed)

I've had a few things keeping me going lately.....

-shamelessly, my daily beverage from the nearby Chevron.... a diet Dr. Pepper with two shots of vanilla. Tasty. And I'm totally hooked.

-my desire and goal to eat more veggies. I think it is helping me in so many ways! Maybe it is balancing out my soda addiction. Just let me think so, okay?

-QUIET time. For all of us. Will hasn't ever been the kid that "needed" quiet time, but lately, we've started having it. All of us, including myself, take about an hour and just relax, sit, and do something quiet. Will has been so great about it. We eat lunch, then Eli goes down for a nap, and then Will gets to play quietly, read books, or color in the bedroom. I use the time to put my legs up, catch up on email (so I'm not distracted by the computer while my kids are awake), and do some of my calendaring and list making. You know I'm good at those lists! This time has become a life saver. It gives me the energy and patience I need to get through those "witching hours" in the afternoon.

-my sister. She is such a great example to me. No matter what, she is always doing what's right! Her house is always in ship shape order, her kids are always well fed and dressed, her calling is taken care of first thing, she always takes time to read her scriptures (no matter what time a day it happens to be), and she's always trying to do her best. Plus, she's letting me live at her house for who knows how long!

-looking forward to lots of fun summer plans! It keeps me motivated and reminds me that the weather will once again be warm and sunny, and that we can be foot loose and fancy free for one more summer before Will starts SCHOOL! We've got big plans, trips to Gma Mortensen's cabin, days at Bear Lake, hikes, picnics, visit to both sister's (Idaho - ride horses and CO - to go swimming in her pool! Yippeee!), and lots of other summertime things.

What's keeping you going? What are your fun summer plans?

No comments: