1.30.2011

sundance

(me and the boys, enjoying a beautiful sunny day at the base of Sundance, by the fire.... I could have stayed there all day)

To sum up my week, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good:
-we had a night out as adults to the BYU vs. San Diego BBALL game, it was so fun. My ears are still ringing. Go Jimmer.

-we took a drive up to Sundance Sat. morning. It was wonderful to get out of the house. It was a gorgeous day and I loved feeling the sunshine on my face! It is good for the soul, especially after another long, hard week. We sat by an open fire, watched the skiers come down the mountain, ate snacks, wandered through the shop and deli (which made me want to eat there, just because it looked so idyllic). It was the best 2 1/2 hours of my week. Getting outside and being with my boys was uplifting. It was also fun to dream about going to skiing together next year, when we can buy some gear!

The bad bad bad:
-Another week of sickness. Yes, I must have jinxed myself. Sunday night Will started throwing up, just after 10pm..... and by Friday morning, was still throwing up. Not to mention, the fevers, runny noses, and coughs all week long as well. My poor little man, he has not been himself, this illness has taken a toll on him. He just sits around, lays on the couch and stares off into space. He's lost all appetite, and we even had to take him to the dr. because we were afraid of dehydration. Now, Sunday, he's still feverish, still sad, still not eating (unless it's popsicles, or Doritoes.... at this point, he gets to have whatever his little heart desires), and we are still praying and praying that he gets better and that we won't be headed back to the Doc again tomorrow.

After two consecutive weeks of sick boys, I literally feel like I'm about to go crazy. Thanks for supportive family, we're surviving. All I have to say is that I'm glad January is over! I hope that the Spring comes quickly!!

***One more thing, I read this, this week and it was so inspiring. Please read it, if you have a little doubt in your life, have had, or think you will ever have a challenging time, it will inspire you too, I promise. My favorite part:

"And because of my faith—even in the seemingly worst of times—I recognize with peace and gratitude that in reality it is the best of times" - Richard C. Edgely

3 comments:

Matt and Allyson said...

BYU...what? come on aggie fan!

The Bryger Family said...

Kara, I am sorry your boys are so sick! I hope they recover fast! That takes such a toll on a mom, especially if you have 2 that are sick. I am glad you got out though for a moment of sushine happienss.

thinking if you and your fam,
kasey

Jaci said...

I wish I had read this earlier. I'm sorry your boys have been sick.
But for some reason it brings me great comfort to hear another mom say they are going crazy from January and sick kids. I feel like I am a wimp in these feelings, but maybe I'm normal? cheers to February, and let's get onto April already!
Maybe we should meet at Discovery Gateway one day Kara? I have a 4 person pass. let me know. ;)