2.07.2011

our budding artist

Will has been drawing a lot lately. When I say a lot, I mean ALL DAY LONG. If he's not building legos, he's drawing. He has gotten so good at it. I just love to see his drawings and what he comes up with. I asked him how he thought of what to draw and he said "I just think of it in my imagination and then I put it on the paper." It was cute, and it is so true, to him, all his pictures are exactly what those things look like to him. I snapped a couple recent pictures of his drawings on my phone, so they aren't the clearest, but the picture above is of Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, and Puss in boots. My favorite part is Shrek's ears! And all the squiggly lines represent fur or hair, in all his pictures. I also love Puss's belt and his sword.

This next one is so impressive (to me at least!). We read the story of Lehi's dream and the tree of life, so the next day, Will drew a picture of it. The thing in the middle is the tree. This is how Will always draws trees and I LOVE it. I'm already planning to have him draw a picture with only trees on a canvas that I can frame. I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but so much of his drawings remind me of Eric Carle stuff. Kind of abstract. :) Anyways.... there's the tree, and the three people walking along the "rod" are Nephi, Sam, and Sariah. Then Lehi is the small guy at the end waiting for them. The black is the midst of darkness, and the blue on the other side is the river of water. I did not help him or remind him at all, isn't that awesome?!


And this next one is a BYU football game. The big guy in the middle is a football player (with helmet of course). Then there is a football to his right, and a "GO COUGARS" sign on the left. The little things all lined up on the right are all the different kinds of soda they sell at the game! Hahaha, I love it! Oh, and don't forget the cougar paw, and the cougar himself!

I love to watch him draw, it so fun to see him improve everyday. I think he's very creative.

I think I better make something else clear. We've had a lot of people ask us lately about our sudden BYU support. :) Well, we've always been BYU fans, especially football. I was raised on BYU football, and always liked watching BYU sports. Of course, both Scott and I BLEED AGGIE BLUE, because well, we are AGGIES at heart. BUT, we still enjoy watching the Cougars, especially football. HOWEVER, when the Aggies play the Cougars, I hope you know where our loyalties lie..... "Show me the Scotsman who doesn't love the thistle, the Englishman who doesn't love the rose, and show me the true blooded Aggie from Utah, who doesn't love the spot, where the sage brush grows! Utah State, hey! Aggies all the way!"

Hope that clears a few things up.

No comments: