1.23.2011

just thinking

(my cute little family outside one of my most favorite spots in OH.... I miss it)

I guess it is time for an update. Not much new and exciting going on around here, just trying to stay afloat through a pretty stressful time. One thing is for sure, we are SO blessed and grateful to such supportive family, who go out of their way to take care of us.

Some good things this week:

-we got a package from Grandma M! We LOVED getting packages when we lived out of state from Grandma M, they are always full of treasures and excitement. I'm happy to know they are not a thing of the past.

-we got to celebrate my nephews 6th birthday with him, enjoy his BBALL party, and eat lots of yummy cake. It is fun to see the wonder of the world through a 6 year old's eyes.

-we spent time with my parents who were in our neck of the woods for a few days, always fun. Not only was it my parents, but we were so lucky to meet up with Wes and Lorinda in Provo for dinner. That's always a fun time also!

-some friends and colleagues of Scott invited us over for dinner. It was a blast, I just love getting to know new people, especially those you have a connection with. All of us have lived in MN and gone to school for an MHA at the UofM. Not only that fun tidbit, but one couple was from MN and WI. Oh boy, how I just loved hearing that MN accent again, it seriously made me miss a lot about MN.... namely the State Fair. I am determined we will go back as a family and go to the fair again! It was also a great time because I just needed to get out after a long week, talk to some adults and laugh. :)

Some not so good things this week:

-MAINLY, Eli has been sick for almost 8 days straight. He's got some awful virus, making him cranky, clingy (which I secretly like), not eating a single thing, and POOPING more than I ever thought possible. Not just poop, runny, leak out of your diaper and clothes, EVERY single time, like 8 times a day. Sorry for the visual, but it has been a seriously rough week. One day it was so bad that he went through several pairs of clothes and three baths. I'm sure most of you can imagine, but let me describe some more for you...... when you have to clean a baby off that has poop everywhere, it is a lot of work and takes a lot of time, and it stinks. You have to peel off the clothes, trying not to spread the already disgusting-ness even more, peeling them off the baby's head, sticking them under the shower to get it off, then you have to do all bathing and the re-dressing all over again! I'm keeping my fingers crossed we are on the upside, plus I feel so bad for my normally very happy, chipper E man. It has been so sad to see him sick and sad and un-happy, and not eating! He has been through the wringer this week, I'm hoping it is nothing crazy and that we won't have to go to the dr. tomorrow. Wish me luck.....

-I didn't get my regular work-outs in this week (because of my little guy who was sick). That is a big bummer, I always feel it, physically and emotionally. This week must be better.....

-our house is STILL for sale

Happy Monday, I hope this is a week full of good things!

2 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

I am glad you had some good mixed in with the bad. I hope things look up this week for Eli, a sick, Poopy kid is NO fun at all! I don't think I have ever experience 8 poopy diapers in one day. You will be extra blessed.

love ya!
kasey

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Hey Kara!

Its been awhile since I have checked anyone's blog, so it was fun to see what's new with you guys. Miss you. Glad things are going well. I think its awesome that you and Scott had a weekend away. Sorry Eli's sick...:) Christian is one this week! I always feel like the first year is an accomplishment, but then I read posts about sick kids and realize that they are still babies, and still get sick and don't sleep...etc sigh. Anyway, best wishes to you guys. Hang in there with the good and bad!