7.12.2010

Palmyra - Hill Cumorah

Our first stop in Palmyra was at the Hill Cumorah. We got there just as it started to rain. We spent a few hours in the visitor's center and had a lot of fun. Will really enjoyed the film and looking at all the pictures. While we were in there, a news man from Channel 13 WHAM news in Rochester asked us if he could talk to us. It was pretty cool, we haven't been able to look on-line and find it, but when I find it, I'll share!

This is the stage for the Pageant. Will and Scott walked up the Hill while I was feeding Eli.
Their view from atop the Hill. Pretty incredible! Look at all those chairs. THe night we went to the Pageant, every single chair was filled. I think there were probably 6-7000 people there! It was pretty incredible.

Will really enjoyed talking to the cast. About two hours before the show, they all came out and wandered among the crowd. He had a lot of fun and kept saying "Look at those ones mom! What are they going to be?" Here he is talking to Lehi.....

After the pageant, we headed back to our hotel, late. So the next morning we just took it easy and then we headed over to Niagara Falls, on our way home. We tried meeting up with my brother again, but it didn't work out. We still had fun though. Although it was crazy busy as well. I decided I like to go see things in the "off" season! :) I kept getting bugged at all the people.... and worried about Will staying by us and holding our hands.


Here's Eli, sitting in the shade, enjoying a chunk of grass. Yes, he eats grass, by the handfuls. Even when I put him on a blanket, he squirms off just to get a good handful of grass to munch on.
Will on the other hand, wanted to crawl around the rocks so his gecko could have a home....
Yep, he's still cute. Just thought I'd remind you.....

And one last family picture. My, how things have changed since we were here last year! Almost a year exactly since we were here.....
It was a fun trip!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a great trip! Haven't been there since I was in third grade but I still remember it! Looks like you had a great time!

Chalece said...

Wow, how fun! These pics of Niagara make me miss you so much! Eli is SO cute, I can't believe how quickly they change. What a fun trip. Seeing the pageant must have been so cool!