7.12.2010

our piano

I know I promised more pictures and story of our piano moving experience. Now I'm just getting around to it. I was waiting because I wanted to have it all cleaned up and painted so you could see the finished product.

Moving this piano was an experience! It probably weighs 1000 lbs. No joke. I love it, and I'm a little bit worried of moving it out of here whenever that is.... It is beautiful, big, heavy, and makes our home a real home. It is odd that a piano softens the look of your home, isn't it? It makes it feel so much more homey. I think I said it before, but I just love thinking about where this piano has been and who it's previous owners were.

Here are so pictures, for your enjoyment. In the end, it took 8 men, a rented flat bed from Home Depot, a special piano dolly, and a lot of prayer to move this baby a mere block and a 1/2. It made it, without scratching my floors, and now it will not be moving until it is moved out of here! :)

It went through this: turned up on it's side.....

And this: getting shoved out a door too small for it, while the guys tried to "catch" it as it came out.... remember it is about 1000 lbs.
Then this: flat on it's back with the guys not really knowing what the heck they were going to do with it....
And now it's here:
Inside my sunny living room, just waiting to be played! Scott's amazingly talented brother Owen sent us this piece of art that I've been coveting for years. I absolutely LOVE this piece. I like to stare at it while I'm feeding Eli. It has become the favorite part of my home lately.
As you can see, Scott painted the piano, and it looks amazing. It actually sounds good too, after all it went through. We've really enjoyed having it so far, and I know we'll continue to enjoy it. I can just see my boys learning to play and plunk around on this big beauty, it's going to be awesome.

PS - Owen's art is seriously amazing, if you want to check it out, click on his name above! I want to do a post just on this piece of art he sent us, it is so cool.

1 comment:

Chalece said...

Wow, you did such a great job painting the piano, it is beautiful. And I love that picture from Scott's brother. So fun!!