5.24.2010

a visit from my sis

I haven't updated the blog in a few days, for good reason! My sister has been in town! Let me just say, I've laughed a lot in the past few days, and I've probably laughed harder than I ever do. I love having company and especially when it is one of my sisters!

She arrived on Wednesday, I drove to Columbus to pick her up. We had a great ride home, chatting and eating snacks the whole way! Thursday, we didn't waste anytime and took off to see the sights! We took a tour of Cleveland Clinic, headed up the Lk. Erie coast, stopped off at the beach for a little picnic and some pictures, then stopped off at Kirtland on our way home. Will absolutely loves Kirtland and wouldn't let us leave without showing Krista and doing a tour. The weather was great, so I spent a bit of the tour out on the lawn feeding Eli and watching Will run around.

Will loved the beach, digging for rocks and picking up sticks. Eli wasn't so sure he liked the beach. I think the combination of sun, wind, and being tired wore him out. Still, he's pretty much the best baby on earth and hardly fusses, even when he's tired.
Here we are, enjoying the snacks and the sun. It was a gorgeous day, and great to be out in the sunshine!
On Friday, we did some shopping, ran around here and there, and got stuff for Will's tadpole that finally came in the mail! Friday afternoon we played here at home, Will was loving having his fun aunt here to play with him non-stop. We had a yummy dinner and then watched a movie after the kids were in bed.

Saturday was such a fun day. Will was supposed to have a soccer game, but the rain washed it out. So, instead of heading to soccer, we headed to Chagrin Falls. It's a quaint little town that sits above some really pretty water falls. They have a yummy popcorn and ice cream shop, lots of fun restaurants, and some really fun shops. The thing I love most is to walk around, window shop, and look at all the really cool doors to the shops. Each one is a different style and a different color, I loved it. Some day, I'm going to have a picture of all of them to hang in my room!
It was rainy when we left home, but cleared up a bit while we were in Chagrin Falls. Will still thought it was absolutely necessary that he carry the umbrella around all day.
A quick family pic at the falls. Yep, my boys are still cute. Okay... moving on.....
Sisters. They are the best. We sure had fun!
Will and Dad down by the falls.
After Chagrin Falls, we headed back into town and made a stop off at the B Spot for dinner. We've heard great things about it and it did not dissapoint! It was so good. Best hamburger ever, and really really good fries! While we were waiting for our table, we ran into Trader Joes (one of my favorites!) and Anthropologie (another fav!). While we were inside, the rain started pouring! We were soaked by the time we ran over to B Spot, but once my food arrived, it didn't matter, I was so happy to be eating! :)

We also went to Kirtland a couple times. The temple is gorgeous, and the weather has been so great. I'm so glad it has been warm and sunny while we've had company, it made it easy to go out and do a lot of stuff!

Saturday night we hung out at home, made some jewelry, and watched another movie. Sunday was a great day to relax and hang out, go to church, and watch the season finale of LOST! :) Today, we tried to squeeze in everything we didn't get done.... but ended up letting the boys nap while we chatted and hung out here at home. After all is said and done, we love having the company and we are going to miss Aunt Krista! We were looking forward to her visit since last Fall and now it has come and gone. Will told her to go home and pack more stuff so she could come back!

Now we don't know what to do with ourselves.... who's going to be our next visitors?

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a great trip. I can tell you are sisters! How fun.

Lorinda said...

I can imagine Will and a whole troop of 4 year olds chasing a soccer ball! How fun. And I love that there is a town called Chagrin Falls. I'm happy Krista could come visit you and that you had a wonderful time. You deserve it!

Lorinda said...

I feel bad we all called her Lisa....sorry Krista, I really did know your name. -wes