5.27.2010

and so it begins

Last week was supposed to be Will's first day of Soccer! I can't believe my little boy is starting sports. It's exciting, and pretty comical all at once. He is NOT one to be excited about getting his pictures taken, so we had to just snap a couple and call it quits.

Here he is with Dad. Aka "Coach." It makes me so happy that Will gets to learn soccer from a pro! I hope Will watches his dad and learns some skills, I think he could really learn to love soccer.

Like I said, he wasn't so excited about getting his picture taken, so this was the best we got. He really was excited for soccer to start. He was totally equipped, new soccer ball, water bottle, new soccer shoes (that light up, I might add). He had even been practicing with Dad in the basement.
Unfortunately, his first day of soccer got rained out, so tomorrow will actually be his first day to run around. I can't wait to watch him, but a little nervous that he'll be too shy and won't do anything. I guess we'll see.... I might have to get prepared with some bribery! :) He also told me that he felt bad when the other team was going to try to get the ball and that he would just give it to them. My sweet tender Will, I hope that when it comes to sports, I see a little of the fight he shows me when it's time to get dressed and brush his teeth....

No comments: