1.01.2010

have you ever....

Have you ever watched a baby fall asleep? I just did, it was amazing. I have been blessed with babies who are chubby, content, and who fall asleep mostly unassisted. Tonight, I put Will in bed, sang him songs until he was breathing heavily, while cradling my little E. Then I went downstairs, sat by my fire and watched Eli fall asleep. I swaddled him, smiled at him, and got several smiles and endless "coos" from him. Then I laid him on the couch to fall asleep (I'm hoping he just takes a little cat nap... that is why he's not being put in his bed, we want him to eat in an hour or so). He's so snug in his blanket, and he just laid here for about 10 minutes "talking" to me. Smiling every time I glanced at him. Then, the talking stopped, he whimpered a little, I gave him the binki, and his eyes started getting heavy. Now, he's blissfully sleeping, like a little burrito. So sweet and innocent, I just love it. Now I get to enjoy a few moments of quiet before I really start my 2010. This is a great way to start though.....

3 comments:

Katie Davis said...

Your posts were so fun to read! The facts about Will made me laugh! He's darling. I can't believe how much Eli has grown. The hair, the smiles, the cheeks, all perfect! Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful! I am jealous that you got to visit the Christmas Story house. It is such a classic! I was surprised to see the Heaton's on here- I served with Justin in Guatemala! Small world! Hope your new year is going great!

DA & J said...

I love watching my kids fall asleep. With Nathan, I was "by the book" and rarely rocked or cuddled him to sleep. I seem to have thrown the book out becuase I love to cuddle Paige as she falls asleep (It also helps that she LOVES to cuddle). I think it is such a bonding time and one that we as mom's will always remember.

Jenn said...

Oh, how I loved the days and miss them, too! They are so priceless!