1.03.2010

words to live by

Last night I spent ten minutes reading. I picked up my Ensign before bed and started to read an article. I am SO glad that I did, it was one of those times where the words and the message just speaks to you... you know what I mean? I've been debating over new year's resolutions, and if I wanted to make them or not. I think goals are great, and everybody should have them, but I have issues with resolutions. Mostly because I'm always changing, rearranging and doing things over throughout the year. Then I feel bad or guilty because I changed my original goal. So this year, I opted out. The only "goal" I've made for myself is to do a complete 30 day workout with my new video The 30 Day Shred. It's awesome. Anyways, onto this article. I really enjoyed reading it, it was the best 10 minutes of my day. One part really stuck out to me.... these are my new words to live by:

"As a new year begins and we try to benefit from a proper view of what has gone before, I plead with you no to dwell on days now gone nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays, however good those yesterdays may have been. The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future (I love that). Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives."

Love it. If you want the whole scoop, go HERE. This is an article called The Best is Yet To Be, by Jeffrey R. Holland

What an inspiration. Truly, we must live in the moment and look forward to the future. I often contemplate about the "good 'ol days" and I think that is okay. But I need to remember that those were good days, and there are many more wonderful amazing days yet to come!

Happy 2010!

2 comments:

jfb said...

i loved that talk - thanks for sharing it.

your boys are just adorable!

Chalece said...

That is great, always something we need to be reminded of. Awesome!