12.29.2009

oh will, how we love you

Have I mentioned how much we LOVE Will? Well, we do. He has some wonderful qualities, even as a three year old. Will is always up for a good time, is so loving and genuinely cares and thinks of others before himself, loves chocolate as much as his mom, has the capacity to have adult-like conversations on a daily basis, and makes anyone who knows him laugh.

He is growing up before my eyes, and I only wish I could make time go a little slower. He is so independent and seems older and older each day. My favorite thing about Will are the things he says these days. Let me share:
  • Whenever Eli wakes up, Will runs over and says "Oh, he's just right awake!" Instead of "wide" awake. He even says it in a sweet little high pitched voice.
  • When we were delivering our Christmas gifts to neighbors, he was walking out of neighbors house and said "I saw you out walking your dog the other day, and your dog looks like a cow!" Then, out the door he goes! They have a very large, very chubby Bassett hound. Scott and I were left speechless, and then rolling with laughter.
  • Will makes up words he thinks he's heard. The other day, he came up with a "Hydrator" a machine that delivers presents for Santa.
  • Ever since Christmas he's said to me multiple times "Mom, I sure hope you had a VERY Merry Christmas!"
  • Instead of saying "startle" he says "starkle" and best of all, he says "That starkles my tummy!"
  • Lovingly looking at his gingerbread house before we threw it out he said "Mom, next year we should build a gingerbread house and put a hose on it!"

  • He's been watching Night at the Museum, the Smithsonian, and said to me "I really like Emelia Airhart, I like her hair, it's curly, and beautiful!"
  • And my favorite. His little friend was over playing, his friend's mom had a baby just 4 days after Eli was born, so they are both very into babies. While they were playing, Eliza, Will's friend said "Um, Will? Your baby brother has dark skin, and you have white skin." Will responded very straight forward and said "I know, Eliza. It's because Eli is adopted, and his mom Keona couldn't take care of him, so now we get to have a baby!" Then he just went right on playing like nothing had even happened. I was so proud. He knows exactly what's going on, and I'm glad he had something to say because this is only the beginning of the questions he might get asked! Good job Will!
We just love our Will. He such a happy child. I told him to do something goofy for the camera, and this is what I got. I felt like a good Will post was needed, we've been bombarding the blog with our little E man. I really feel so blessed to have these two sweet boys in my life. I love spending everyday with them, watching them grow, and seeing what a fun little boy Will is growing up to be.

5 comments:

Grandpa Glenn said...

Thanks for sharing all these fun moments about Will. We sure miss him! Kara, I know you get told this all the time, but you are such a good, loving MOM. Those two boys are incredibly blessed to have you! I'm so proud of everything that you and Scott are doing in your lives. Scott is really going places.... that's easy to see even from a distance. Thanks for supporting him the way you do. We can't wait to come and visit.

Betsy said...

What a handsome boy. Can he marry Claire when they get older? Looks like you guys had a great and busy Christmas! You really do have an adorable family. Eli is pretty stinkin' cute!

Wes said...

Will has a special demeanor. I miss playing with with him. It is good of you to keep track of the funny things he has said. We enjoyed skyping on Christmas!

Shelly Traveller said...

I love what little kids say, it will be fun for him to read when he's older! Such a cute kid!!!

Amy said...

He is such a cute little boy! Sounds like his big brother role has come naturally - what a sweet kiddo!!