12.20.2009

o holy night

First of all, thank you everyone for your wonderful, inspiring, uplifting, encouraging comments. I think everyone has days like the one I was feeling, and luckily, those days aren't forever. We are doing great. Eli is such a sweet baby, I have been so blessed with very sweet children.

Not only do I have wonderful children, I have an amazing husband. I was just watching Scott the other day. He is such a support and help to me. He is a wonderful husband, and is so involved and active in helping me parent. He plays with Will for hours, literally. Just the other night, I was trying to get something done and Will wanted to go outside. It was dark, and cold, and Scott piped up, "Okay Will! Here, let's put on your coat, hat, gloves, boots and go outside." Here I was thinking of excuses not to have to take him out in the cold and Scott just sucked it up and did it. And they had a blast, they took flashlights and were walking up and down our sidewalk. It was the cutest thing. Scott could have easily thought of excuses just like I did, or stayed and watched his football game, but he didn't. What a man. I'm lucky.

This weekend was beautiful. Here are the highlights:

-it snowed!!
-we got our fireplace to work and I love it
-we had a fun christmas party with friends, where I saw some of the best white elephant gifts EVER....
-we finished up a little Christmas shopping, and wrapped presents
-we listened to Christmas music non-stop and wore our sweats.... a lot.
-we went to Church, took the Sacrament and listened to beautiful Christmas music. (Scott even performed a duet which was beautiful)
-we went to the Nativity activity at Kirtland which was AMAZING. Here are some pictures:

I loved this tree.
It was really pretty, everything on it looked natural. My favorites parts were
the chili peppers, the dried oranges, and
dried apple slices strung with popcorn and cranberries,
I am doing this next year! It was so pretty.

A family picture.
I realize this is kind of a weird family picture... or at least I'm weird in it.
The nativities were amazing. There were probably thousands of nativity displays, a room where kids could play with the nativities, and a really beautiful exhibit of Christ's birth and life. I love Kirtland, there is always a wonderful uplifting Spirit there.
When we were driving home, I said I was hungry, and Will said he wanted a snack. We said "where should we go? Should we just go home?" Will piped up "I know where we should go! We should go to Five Guys!" So.... Five Guys it was.....

Who knew it took so much concentration to break open peanuts?
This is how Eli enjoyed the evening. He didn't move from this position for like 3 hours. Since no one who ever reads my blog has heard me talk about his chubby cheeks, I'll point them out to you once again. Look at the those cheeks, and those lips! He's so dang cute, I can't get enough.
Life is good my friends. 5 days until Christmas. Snow on the ground, short days at work for Scott. I love it.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Kara- I have those days too, thanks for letting me know that you are normal too! You are such a great mommy, a lot of the time it is your blog that I think...I should be doing something fun like that!
That tree is amazing! I bet is smells great too. I love your new family picture and that picture of Eli laughing...wow! I couldn't get Marcus to even smile before 4 months! Miss you!