10.30.2009

waiting for Eli

Here's a smattering of what we did while we were here waiting for Eli. 

We spent lots of time with cousins, which Will absolutely loves. I think he is going to have a hard time when we go home and it is just plain old mom for a friend, again!

Had a yard sale which was a huge success and a lot of work! Thanks to everyone who donated and helped out!!
Went to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. Rode the horses twice, fed all the animals and met up with my cousin who lives in Mexico and was in Utah for a visit.
No Fall would be complete without the trip to the pumpkin patch. 
And of course, you can't miss the witches at Gardner Village!
These are just a few things we did. We also took a trip to the Sweet's Candy factory and went on a tour, which was FREE and awesome. We also did lots of fun playing with cousins, and I've been able to work a lot on my crochet, as well as read TWO books. It has been a fun trip, but all good things come to an end, right? We are hoping to get back home in the next 4-5 days. 

Now, the next fun event is grandma and grandpa Hopkins coming home from their mission on Sunday! What a whirlwind adventure of a trip this has been. It will not be forgotten, boy am I going to have lots to tell Eli when he gets bigger about his entering our family.

Speaking of Eli, he is doing great. He had his two week check up with Grandpa Mortensen today and seems to be super healthy. His weight is up to 8lbs. 14 oz., height up to 20 inches, and all seems to be functioning just great. I think he is growing and changing daily. I was glad to hear his weight is up, since babies are supposed to be at least back to their birth weight. With his weight up, it means he is thriving and happy, something that can be a difficult adjustment for an adopted baby. 

We love you baby ELI!

4 comments:

monica said...

That is just wonderful that you were able to occupy your time with the support of your family. They rode the "roller coaster of adoption" with you, which can be so emotionally draining alone.
And yay for Eli puttin' on the pounds! That is good to hear.
I wish I could be there to squeeze him. I guess you'll just have to post more pics.
Love you!

Scott W. Mortensen MHA, MBA said...

Kara, Will, and Eli...I miss you guys soooo much. I can picture all of you right now and wish you were sitting with me at home on this Halloween evening. I can only imagine how cute and bundled Will and Eli were as you took them trick-or-treating. I can't wait to see you all and give you all big hugs and kisses!

I love you!

Love, Your husband and daddy

Chalece said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Hope you have fun with your parents coming home today, how exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I loved reading about your new little Eli. Will is as adorable as ever. Good luck in the weeks ahead. We are so happy for you and your little family!