9.09.2009

a day of mixed emotions

This was the only picture of my little man on his way to pre-school. He looked so big and SO excited he wouldn't stop for a good picture. So off he went! Bug catcher full of lizards, backpack full of school supplies, and nothing but confidence and excitement. I hope the excitement continues. He asked to stay longer when I picked him up and said he didn't want to leave. That is always reassuring!


Then later today......
Doesn't he just look so small? Here he is sitting on our front porch waiting to play with his friend from down the street. I walked past and he was just sitting there, quietly, watching the bugs, standing up every once in awhile to check and see if she was coming, then sitting back down so patiently. I have been feeling like he is growing up, out of my control, and getting so big. Then this afternoon, I was reminded that he still my little boy. He asked me to come sit on the porch and wait with him. So I did, then he said "mom, I haven't sat on your lap for a long time and I like to do that!" I guess he is still my little man after all.

5 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

Preschool!!! Oh my goodness!! he is so cute. I love that he asked you to sit on your lap.

Kasey

Amy said...

What a sweet boy! I really can't believe he is old enough for pre-school though... they do grow up too fast!

jkmortensen said...

okay, break my heart, these pictures are priceless!

Krista said...

I am so glad he went to preschool great! I know you were nervous about it. He is the sweetest little boy. You guys are doing a great job!

falslev family said...

I just love Will! He is too cute. Max started preschool too and I can't believe how grown up our boys are!