6.01.2009

Since this is my blog and I can post about whatever I want, I'm going to.  I love posting what we've been up to, the simple days of being a mom, the life of poor college students, and the many things I like to try to keep myself busy.  I've heard some people feel like they live their life for their blog, but to me, my blog is a journal of our day to day with pictures included.  I want to remember these little moments and be able to look back and read about our simple lives.

I had two exceptionally sweet experiences this weekend.  First.  I was sitting on the couch before church and Will came over and climbed up on my lap and simply said "Mom, you look pretty today!" and then hopped down and ran off to play with his cousins.  I thought my heart would melt.  Those are the moments that we live for, what is sweeter than your 3 year old little boy telling you something so nice.  I loved it and was left in a little bit of shock.

Second.  We spent the weekend with family.  In our three years here in MN, I can't count the number of wonderful weekends we've had with Scott's brother and sister in-law.  When we visit Wes and Lorinda, we laugh (A LOT, so much so that we cry a lot too), we talk, about everything and anything, we eat really good food, and most of all, we LOVE being together.  Not only are they our best friends, they are family. Forever. That is the greatest blessing we can have.  Wes and Lorinda know us inside and out, our faults, our strengths, our parenting style, our really random habits, and they "get us." We understand each other, love each other unconditionally, and truly enjoy every moment spent together. 

This weekend was no exception.  Will LOVES his cousins, and they spent almost the whole weekend outside playing with their "pet" toads they found in the yard.  They ran around the yard, got dirty, ate snacks, and laughed and played together.  Will cried and screamed when we had to go home.  The entire car ride home he kept saying "I just want to go back to Caleb and Ivie's house!" He's been asking when he gets to see them again.  This is really going to be heart-breaking when we move a thousand miles away and can't see them on a regular basis. Ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

Us adults? We do basically the same thing the kids do.  We run around, play, laugh, and eat snacks. :) Wes and Scott got to go golfing, Lorinda and I got to chat and go shopping. We watched a movie ( 7 pounds... which is a whole other post in itself!) and seriously laughed harder than I have in a very long time.  We LOVE you guys and I honestly can't even think about what is to come in the next few weeks.  I agree Rin, thank heavens we are family and KNOW we will see each other often!!

3 comments:

Lorinda said...

drip, drip, drip go my tears. What a sweet post. Thank you. I've been thinking about our weekend all day. It was an especially wonderful time together. I love that we can just live life when we're together, planting gardens, crocheting, fixing meals.

I love that Will leaves me little reminders of his visits (squishy reptiles all over the house).

I think Kara and I should make it a habit to scare our husbands by loitering by the door in the dark until they notice...or until we make them notice.

I'm so thankful for good memories with you and so thankful to know there are many, many more to be made.

I love you all.

Wes said...

Oh my. I am literally crying here at work. Kara, you are an amazing person, wonderful sister and I love you so much. You are the type of sister-in-law I never quite thought was possible...the type that I can be my awkward self around and the type I can tease and laugh with- about absolutely anything. Thank you. You and Scott have made so many many many efforts to come visit us in Rochester. I feel bad that my schedule has been such that you often had to do the driving, but thank you. You and Scott have particular challenges that I think about daily- every day. My heart aches for you, yet I feel at peace about what is to come. We will deeply miss you, Scott, and Will. Will is such a treasure. I love watching him. He's really become outgoing and confident. Looking forward to many trips to Cleveland! Th
Your brother,
Wes

Devin and Liz said...

That WAS a wonderful blog entry Kara :) I'm so glad you guys have/had eachother in Minnesota. I wish I could be closer to you all as well. Family makes the best automatic friends. I love you, and love reading about your every day life. LOVE YOU :)