5.29.2009

TA DA!

A few weeks ago my friends and I saw some chairs out by the garbage dumpster.  Since people are constantly moving in and out of here, there is always furniture and stuff just left out for anyone.  As we passed by, I thought, "those are really cute chairs.... I think I want them!"

As we were running I kept thinking about the chairs and thinking how fun they would be in our breakfast nook in our new house.  So, I let my friends talk me into it and they helped me carry them home. Here's what they looked like before:




And here's how they look now:


Thank you IKEA for your wonderful selections on fabric, and home depot for the paint.
Total cost of my little project: $25


I can't wait to put them in our kitchen! I had a lot of fun with this project and now I'm ready to re-do my dressers...... I'm saving that monster project for when I have a garage.  Adios, and remember, the next time you pass a dumpster, there might be something you need! :)



11 comments:

Cassi said...

So cute!! I love that fabric! Good choice, and you could easily make curtains to match!

Chalece said...

I LOVE that fabric! Those are so fun, you did a great job. I keep looking around my house for something,anything that I could paint that yellow color. I love it! Super cute!

Amy said...

LOVE how these turned out! That fabric is awesome!! Nice find dumpster diving :)

Sara"Fantabulous" Smith said...

That is way cool Kara! I love finding things like that and making them beautiful! Very, very cool!

Sara

Jenn said...

Kara - You are simply amazing!!!

monica said...

Kara! OMG! How will I live without your creative juices flowing around me? Those chairs are fabulous. Way to keep me awe!

stacibee said...

Love, love, love it! I'm so impressed!

Devin and Liz said...

You crafty little home-maker you, KARA! Those are really neat and modern looking now. Good job :) p.s. you're the breast
p.s.s. el fin

Chrissy said...

Way to go Kara! They look great.

Jaci said...

are you serious!?? I want your talents! these chairs are so hip! come help me make things beautiful!

Krista said...

They look so cute, Kara! Good job!I'm excited to help you with some projects in Cleveland so you can teach me a thing or two!