6.30.2009

Lake Erie

On Sunday afternoon, we decided to go for a drive we ended up at Lake Erie. Well, Lake Erie, is huge. After living in MN and seeing lots of really pretty smaller lakes (and some bigger in Northern MN) I wasn't quite prepared for what it would feel like or look like when we saw lake Erie. Now I know why it is called a "Great Lake."

Lake Erie is huge, it is like an ocean, and on Sunday afternoon, it was very gusty and the waves were probably 4-5 feet high. It was pretty fun, and it is so pretty, it took my breath away!
Will loved it. They don't have seashells, but they have lots of really cool rocks. Will was gathering to his heart's content, it was fun!


It was all fun and smiles until we set him down in the surf, he didn't like that. The waves washed right up onto our legs and he got a little scared. Poor kid, I think I've scarred him for life, but he better get used to it, because I'm sure we'll be spending lots of time at the lake in the next few years!

We can't wait to go back, see you soon lake!

2 comments:

Devin and Liz said...

Oh my... I love your cute little family. I want to be at Lake Eyrie too! Glad you guys could have a nice day. Also, tell Will he's the best pirate ever.. and to 'Shake his booty!' hahah. love you :)

Betsy said...

Looks like fun. I love exploring new places.