7.07.2009

4th of July

I decided the Fourth of July is one of the best holidays of the year! I remember when I was younger, the 4th of July was always a big party at our house, swimming, eating, bbqing, and watching fireworks. It is one of my favorite childhood, summertime memories. It is fun to celebrate it with our little family.

The festivities began with a breakfast at the church, plus a fun little bike parade with all the kids, and lots of meeting new people. Will had a great time! He didn't want to be in the parade, just watch. But by the end, he was helping everyone push their bikes or wagons around.



Then, it was home to fill up the little pool. Will has a great little friend he plays with everyday and that lives just two houses away. They have a lot of fun together, and really enjoyed swimming in the pool.
After a fun afternoon playing outside, we headed to a bbq at some friends house. The food was great and we had a lot of fun. Will did not want to leave, but we had to so we could go watch fireworks. Here we are just as the sun was setting before the fireworks started. It was a COOL day, I wore my sweatshirt and had pants on at the fireworks and I was still cold. Weird for July. 

Here we are enjoying the fireworks.... where's the little man?.... He was hiding under a blanket the entire time. He would peek out and then duck under his blanket again.  He told us later he didn't really like the loud fireworks. 

Our cute neighbors. The favorite thing to do when they all get together is eat popsicles on the back porch. Perfect summer activity!

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

I can tell you are enjoying your home, yard and deck!

Devin and Liz said...

WOOT! Love the posts... I like how Will is sitting with such good posture on the porch... I don't know why I noticed that. haha. Glad you guys had fun and you're making friends! Usually you guys aren't that social... haha. JOKE.
Love you!