2.19.2009

Is this going to be Will someday......?

My son LOVES animals.  Mammals, mostly.  It began with dinosaurs, that obsession has slowly eased up, it's still there, but not as much.  Now he has moved on to sea creatures, sharks, whales, snakes, frogs, that sort of thing.  You may think it's not that bad, how could a three year old be into those kinds of things.... well let me tell you.  

At least daily we have a conversation about what sharks do, eat, what certain kinds of sharks look like, what type of teeth they have and why, etc.  He tells me that he would "love to be a diver so he could swim with whales and sharks!" That it would be so fun to do that.  Not only do we talk about it, but he also asks me if he can watch Planet Earth (the shallow seas) probably about three-four times a day.  While we watch Planet Earth, he repeats everything word for word, and forgets NOTHING.  He tells me facts that I didn't even hear and I have to believe him because he's right, pretty much always.  


We are going to Sea World in March and we are SO excited to take Will.  It is coming right at the perfect time, while he is really into whales, fish, and sea creatures.  We've been watching videos on-line of Sea World and Shamu and Will is SO excited, I can't wait to see his face when we are actually there watching it live.  So..... in my many daily conversations I often wonder if this is going to be my little boy someday.... in the cage watching sharks, or getting flipped out of the water by Shamu.  Will, if this what your little heart desires and if you decide this is really something you love, go for it! I can't wait to come and watch you in action! :)  
PS - I secretly thinks he gets this from me, I used to want to be a marine biologist.  That is what I always thought I would do, after being a wife and mother of course! Shhhhh, don't tell, I'm just as fascinated as Will!

2 comments:

mom2beachbums said...

Will is just SO cute. I keep thinking he's my nephew, but I'm always looking for new nieces and nephews LOL! Well I certainly think he has something going there. Only one of mine, my middle one, Caleb has the sincere interest in animals, particularly marine animals. There's a sea world here in San Antonio, but we haven't been yet. That will be so fun for Will! And you'll have to see if you'll be close to a little aquarium in Ohio. Otherwise, just come on down to TX, the dolphins are always jumping around in the beach by us! My boys would love Will!

Chalece said...

Awesome! I wanted to be a marine biologist too! I wanted to work with dolphins. I'm jealous you're going to Sea World, it's my favorite place!! Make sure to feed lots of dolphins. :)