2.16.2009

Our week .....

We had a great week.  Busy, but very fun.  In an effort to simplify life and holidays, our family celebrated Valentines day simply and perfectly. 

Will and I made and decorated sugar cookies.  This is definitely not the most flattering picture of Will, but it was the only one I got of him actually looking at the camera instead of concentrating on eating as much candy as possible.

Didn't Will do a good job on his cookie?  I thought so, he had a lot of fun with it.  Especially the eating part.
So, long story..... one night we were out a little late and Will had not taken a nap, so he had fallen asleep in the car around 8pm.  We were driving home and decided to go get shakes, so we headed up the freeway instead of going home.  While we were ordering, Will woke up and sleepily asked for chicken nuggets.  It was about 10pm, so what the hay.  After he woke up, he was wide awake and I could tell there was no getting him back to sleep.  When we got home, we were all a little hyper, eating our shakes and chicken nuggets.  We decided to blow up our air matress and have a slumber party in the living room.  We watched Night at the Museum and laughed hysterically at Will who was out of control.  Around midnight, Will was still wide awake and Scott and I were exhausted.  Will finally asked if he could go sleep in his bed, so we said sure and then we all ended up going back to our own beds.  We had good intentions and it was a blast!! Will and I got to sleep in the next day, so it was well worth it.  It made some wonderful memories.

Scott and I took advantage of being in Rochester and left Will with his cousins so we could go on a date for Valentines Day.  We ate at a fun little pizza place and then went to see New In Town.  It was fun, the movie is hilarious, hits a little too close to home.  If you haven't seen it, you should, it is pretty funny!!
We have not taken a family picture since well before Christmas, so we thought we'd try to take one before church on Sunday.  Will was not happy about it, so we did the best we could and this is what we got.  We all had matching clothes on and I thought we looked pretty cute together, I wish we could have gotten a smile!! We even tried bribery, still didn't work.  Maybe next week!?

We had a great week.  I love my little family.  Will is growing up so fast, it amazes me everyday!  I miss my little babe, but I'm so lucky to have these boys in my life.  Scott is such a wonderful husband, and does so much for us.  Life is good, we are SO blessed!




4 comments:

Grandpa Glenn said...

WOW!! This makes me miss your family even more! You're the best!

Betsy said...

What a cute little family you have.

Mandi said...

HA HA HA--- slumber party with Will. i love it! mandi

Krista said...

I wish I could be more random and spontaneous like you! You've inspired me to RELAX a bit so I can enjoy my kids more.