6.21.2008

We are the dinosaurs....

Will's wildest dreams came true while in Utah. As we were driving to my sisters, we passed the dinosaur museum, it is just off the freeway, so you can easily see this dinosaur and Will started screaming "DINOSAURS!! Mom! Maybe we should go see'em at the Mall of a America!!!" It was pretty funny. I think he was relating the shark aquarium at MOA with these huge dinosaurs on the building. The next day, my sister and I headed to the dinosaur park. It was great. Although, Will was not so fond of the Shark exhibit, to my surprise, he freaked out. He was terrified, and being the truly sympathetic mother that I am, I made him stay there long enough to get pictures, I thought it was cute. I'm not so nice, am I!? It was very funny though.
Can you see us?

The kidds checking out some trilobites or something
You can barely see that we are standing in front of a brachiosaurus
Hopefully you can also barely see that Will is making a big stink about taking a picture....

Playing the matching game with the dinosaurs
The museum had a great little sand and water place

with all sorts of pre-historic mammals to play with


Here we go: the shark encounter! This is Will after we turned the corner and he saw the gigantic shark head as big as a car, with it's jaws wide-open, ready to swallow something...

Then, he finally gets the nerve to open his eyes, and guess what? We haven't moved, we are still standing right in front of the gaping shark teeth. So, of course, he reverts back to screaming with his eyes closed, and this time, he put his hand over his eyes, hoping that that would help... every few seconds he would peeeek out of his little hand and then throw his head back and start wailing all over again. It really was pretty hilarious -


See? There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of Will! Okay, if I was only 3 feet tall, I'd be just as freaked out.

If want the full effect, click on the picture and check out Will's face, it is so cute yet so sad, and then look at my face...

I'm laughing - THAT is sad!



3 comments:

Tana said...

I love it! I've done similar things too. Hilarious.

Chalece said...

Wow, that is pretty scary! I can see your point Will. You're so brave!

Krista said...

I am still laughing about the shark thing. Sorry Will. One day it will seem funny to you too!