4.28.2008

Just Checking In...

We had a very relaxing week! The weather was gorgeous at the beginning of the week, we even got up to 72 degrees! YIPPEEEE! It was great, Will and I played outside so much we both had rosy cheeks and little sunburns on our arms. I love the beginnings of summer. BUT, all good things come to an end, especially here in MN. By Friday, it was down to 40 degrees, Saturday was snowing and we still haven't crept out of the 40 degree hole. Oh well, more rain is predicted and we know how to stay inside and have fun!

My sweet sister in-law was due to have her baby on April 23, alas, she has still not had the baby, yep, almost 5 days overdue. It will be interesting to see this little creature and see if her overdue-ness shows in her personality. Will she be VERY laid back, calm, and easy-going? I can't wait to find out! Will and I are supposed to head south to help out when the baby comes, so we've been on pins and needles (not as much as my sister in-law has, I'm sure!) waiting for the littlest Mortensen to arrive. Our week was completely unscheduled and we had absolutely nothing planned, so it was nice to relax, catch up on some projects I wanted to finish, and spend some good time with Will.

This morning, Will and I were just taking it easy. We've both been a bit under the weather, so I didn't feel like going anywhere. I remembered I had bought something for Will during Christmas time, but never gave it to him. I was holding onto it for a winter bordem emergency. I figured today qualified, plus it is the end of April! It is called MOON SAND and it was SO FUN. They sell it at Target. Basically it is just really soft, nice, colored sand. It entertained both Will and I for over an hour. We really had fun, and it was relaxing to just sit, and play with our hands, laugh, and make a big mess. Big mess, yes, sand all over the place. Easy to clean up? DOUBLE YES. I am a big fan of this stuff now, even though it makes a mess, it cleaned up in like 30 seconds with my dust buster.

Now we're back to waiting for the babe! Good luck Lorinda, we are thinking about you, and love you! You have been so patient, I know I would be very grouchy if I were you, but you are so sweet and patient!

2 comments:

Grandpa Glenn said...

Kara, you are so nice! I'm sure Caleb and Ivie will enjoy having you and Will there to babysit. You should all have a great deal of fun. And I guess that means that you will be the first relatives to see the little munchkin!! LUCKY!!! Take a ton of pictures and put the best ones on the blog for the rest of us. Poor Rin. Martha keeps asking if I've heard from Wes yet with the good news, and I have to keep saying no. Bummer!! We're on pins and needles, too! Please keep us posted.... get it? "posted"? Cute, right?

Anonymous said...

We'll have to give the moon sand a try. I'm always looking for new things to do with Lucy. It's nice and toasty already here in Cali, but it makes me nervous for the hot, hot summer we have ahead of us!

Will is adorable! I love the little video you posted from after conference!