10.20.2007

PUMPKIN

I love fall! Martha Stewart inspired this fall activity - glittered pumpkins. It was very fun, and I loved the result - they really do look gorgeous. Every year around this time, I also start craving some good "fallish" food and pumpkin has always been a favorite of mine. Just lately, I've given out a few really yummy recipes that include pumpkin, so I thought I would share in the tastiness....

Pumpkin Pancakes
(I have my sis in-law Lorinda to thank for this awesome recipe. We had them at her house and now they are a favorite of ours... with apple cider syrup of course! - thanks Rinny!)

Beat 2 eggs and add ¾ c. canned pumpkin
Add:
2 T. sugar
½ t. cinnamon
½ t. nutmeg
½ t. ginger
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 ½ t. baking powder
¼ c. oil
1 ½ c. flour
Stir in 1 ½ c. milk
Bake on a slightly greased griddle.

Apple Cider Syrup

¾ c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1/8 t. nutmeg
¼ t. cinnamon
2 c. apple cider (I used apple juice)

In saucepan, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, and apple cider. Bring to a boil. Serve on pancakes or waffles.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Those pumpkins are cute, Kara! Way to be crafty!

OurHappyFamily said...

Gotta love Martha Stewart! I did the same thing and have a bunch on my door step! Yours look fabulous. . . aren't they pretty. I LOVE to copy cute ideas! Those pumpkin pancakes sound delish. . . I'm gonna have to try those. You are too cute and one darling mom!

The Bryger Family said...

You are so creative! I love the pumpkins, they are way pretty!!

Miss ya!
Kasey

Shelly Traveller said...

What is on the pumpkins. They look so fancy! I will also have to make the pancakes!