7.19.2007

"OVIE"

Before our trip to Nauvoo, Will had no idea that our car had a DVD player. What excitement when we stuck in his favorite Baby Einstein! Before our trip, he would watch Baby Einstein occasionally, when I needed to sit down and relax with him. Now, everytime we get in the car he says "ovie?" - meaning movie, and everytime I say "we can't watch a movie right now, we aren't going very far, maybe when we get home." So, now he gets in the car and shakes his head no while saying "ovie" since he knows I'm going to say no. The whole way to our destination, usually Target, he's saying to himself, while shaking his head no "ovie...ovie...ovie" It is so funny, and he's so cute I just can't help laughing.

However, he gets so excited about watching "ovie's" that sometimes he just goes and sits in front of the TV and says "ovie" until I either turn it on or distract him with something else. It's pretty cute, I just hope he doesn't turn into a couch potato! Whenever I put a movie on for him, I try to watch with him so stays pretty interactive. He dances (to mozart?), and repeats everything he's seeing: "cow, baby, kitty, duck, ball...." so hopefully his brain cells aren't dying this young!!

4 comments:

jfb said...

that's so precious! Will is a smart boy to figure you out so quickly. This week I turned on Baby Mozart for Addie for the first time - - but it freaked me out how immediatly attentive so was to it and I turned it off after a few minutes! It's so fun to read your blogs! take care!

Amy said...

It's so cute that he calls is "ovie"... We have to make a real effort too much around Easton because he gets GLUED to it. He sure loves his Baby Einstein videos every once in a while though!

Lindsay said...

Kara: I am waiting for the exact same books!

Skipper said...

Oh, that's too funny! I can't wait for Spencer to start talking. He hasn't fully fallen in love with the TV yet. However, I will put him in his high chair in front of "Go, Diego Go" so that I have a few minutes to shower, ALONE.