7.16.2007

FAMILY TIME

We had such a fun weekend. On Friday, Scott enjoyed a round of golf, while Will and I went for a nice long walk/run along the river by our apt. and swimming. After Will was in bed, Scott and I had our usual FRIDAY NIGHT MOVIE and rootbeer floats - this week's feature film: Dreamgirls. It was pretty good!

Saturday was the highlight of our weekend. We went for a run and then we went to the Rochester Farmers Market. The market is FULL of veggies and fresh flowers, it is so pretty. The vendors really take pride in making their stands look good, and the vegetables are organized perfectly according to colors, shapes and sizes. You can also find cheese, meats, eggs, and honey vendors.... pretty cool. We came away with fresh basil, green beans, and zuchini. Will was never a baby food fan (I can't blame him - food that shouldn't be mooshed, gross), but he will chow down on any fresh fruit or vegetable! I guess it goes to show that fresh really is best! After the market we went to lunch with our friends the McBrides. Amanda McBride is expecting their first baby any day now - she's an adorable pregnant girl, but we can't wait to see their baby boy! Saturday afternoon, Scott, Will and I went for a hike at Oxbow park. I LOVE the greeness of Minnesota, it is so lush and pretty. Saturday night we played 12 rounds of Chicken Foot ( a dominoes game) with the McBrides - in which I came out champion - thank you very much. My super competitive husband tried to be happy for me - it was a great game night.

Sunday was pretty routine - church, a great dinner - roast, and all our fresh veggies and then dessert and hanging out with Wes and Lorinda (Scott's brother). I love weekends, and I love spending time together as a family, it makes the long weekdays worth it!

3 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful!!! Sounds like you are having a great experience. Sure have a darling little fam!

Amy said...

That farmers market sounds amazing! So nice to have a weekend to do fun things with your family! When Will was too small to "chew" food did you give him baby food, or did you have an alterantive? Easton seens to love the flavor or fresh fruits/veggies when we give him tastes, but like Will, doesn't always like the mushy baby food.

Betsy said...

I live for the weekends too! It's so nice to spend time as a family and do some exploring.