12.18.2011

hunting for elves and a recital

 Friday was Will's last day of school until the New Year! I can't believe we are half way through Kindergarten already.... the months have FLOWN by. Each day my little baby Will gets older and bigger. It is such a fun age though I really love it. On Friday, to celebrate, we went with my sister and her kids (everything is funner with cousins!) and met my Mom at Gardener Village. We love to go to Gardner, it is a really fun historic mill with lots of great shops (not for kiddos, though) and they do a witches display in October and Elves during Christmas time. The displays are super fun and the kids have a lot of fun walking around to look at them. We did a little Elf scavenger hunt and then stopped off at the candy story to cash in for our prize! It was chilly, but we were bundled up and had a great time.
 I love this picture of my mom with 6 of her 25 (almost 26) grandkids! All the kids (except Eli) are smiling at the camera, I love it. This is such a great time of year and there are so many fun things to experience with your kids. Thanks for the fun day mom and Krista!

On Saturday, Will had his first official violin recital. We played at a Nursing home for some of the cute little old people. They really enjoyed it and Will did a fantastic job! He played his twinkles..... and then parts of Jingle Bells and Jolly Old St. Nicolas. This is not a great picture of him (I think he was a little nervous) or his sweet teacher Ms. Gina, but they did a great job. We LOVE Ms. Gina, she has seriously been the greatest teacher for Will. We are happy (and feel lucky!) to have found her and hopefully be able to stay with her for several years. She's awesome, if you are in the area and looking to start a child in violin, she's awesome!
I am so proud of Will and his violin accomplishments. He really is doing a great job and working so hard at learning to play. GOOD JOB Will!

No comments: