11.02.2011

one year older, and wiser too

He's done it again. He's had a birthday, and he just continues to amaze me! Scott's birthday is Nov. 1st, the day after Halloween. He is such a good sport about it, and even with the big events of Halloween, we still try to make the day a special for him.

Scott is just an all around great guy. He is a wonderful, caring husband, a true friend and supporter, and an amazing father. He takes time with his boys and genuinely enjoys spending time with them. He's not afraid to get "down and dirty" as a dad and is always up for a fun time! Scott has been a great employee, through various jobs in the past couple of years and is doing amazing at his current Assistant Administrator job. We visited him at work a couple weeks and people just didn't have enough good words to express about Scott. He does his job, and he does it well, meanwhile, connecting with people and creating lasting friendships and influence. I'm so proud of Scott and honored to be his wife and mother of his two incredible boys. These three boys are the light and joy of my life. I love it!
Since it's the first of November, we were thinking FALL!! I love my turkey plates and thought this was a great FIRST time to use them. They looked so pretty. I wanted some "fallish" decor and wanted something fun to put our fun drinks in. So I covered some #10 cans with some burlap. I love how they turned out, I might just put some flowers or plants in them and keep them out for the rest of the month! I also thought they could be really cute with some bright yellow sunflowers or something and used in the summertime......
Scott has great taste in everything. So on the menu we had: cilantro/lime/honey grilled salmon, with sautteed green beans with bacon and toasted almonds, marvelous creamy mashed potatoes, and raspberry fluff. Oh and we also had really yummy Rosemary and Olive Oil crusty bread. To drink? San Pellegrino Limonata and just regular Pellegrino. I'm not one for just "agua con gas (Krista will appreciate that little inside joke)" - so I opted for the Limonata, it was SO yummy and tart!
We also had Tres Leches cake for dessert. It turned out so yummy, I was so excited about it. I wish I had taken pictures!!

Will did "heavy, heavy, hang over they poor head...." with Scott's gifts. He thought it was great!
Scott was spoiled with having his parents come down to celebrate with us. We are SO glad they did! It is always a treat to have Glenn and Martha here, they always liven the party. :) And our boys can never get enough Grandma and Grandpa!
The birthday crew:

Since Eli's birthday was just a couple weeks ago, he was so excited to blow out candles! He crawled on the table and blew out Scott's before we could stop him. Then he made us light it again three times so he could keep blowing it out. Love that boy!
My sweet boys. Will is a mini-Scott, Eli looks bored, which I think he was doing to be silly, and Scott is just a handsome Dad! I love them!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Scott. We love you forever.

1 comment:

Justin and Stacey said...

I don't look at blogs very often and now I know why. It makes me sad. I miss being able to see you guys! Hope all is well. We are excited to see you soon!