1.11.2011

a post long overdue

I've been meaning to put up some of our family pics on the blog for a long time now. I was on the fence about sending out a Christmas card, so I didn't post them, just in case I wanted to use some of them on the card. Now that Christmas has come and gone, and I still haven't posted
them, I figured it was about time.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, my brother in-law TY took some pictures of our family. He is just getting started with photography, and we were happy to let him practice on us! He has a creative mind, and a good eye for what's unique. Everyone knows outdoor pictures turn out great, so we thought we would give that a try. Well, it was freezing and there was snow everywhere and we were not prepared with snow clothes. So we only got a couple outside, and then we went to my other brother in-laws art studio to play around.

When Scott and I got engaged, and had our engagements photos taken by my friend who was a photography major at USU. Her entire portfolio was about "feet." She showed me her portfolio once and I was stunned. It had some of the most amazing pictures I've ever seen. It really was incredible. So when she took our engagement photos, she asked if she could take a couple of our feet. We said yes..... and that started a little tradition for us. As our family has grown, we always take "feet" pictures when we have our family pictures taken. We have some of just Scott and I, some of us with tiny little Will feet, some with bigger Will feet, and now we have some with little Eli feet. So, it was only natural that Ty take a "feet" picture for us! I LOVE this one. It is one of my favorites so far. I love the wood floor, and I love those four little bare feet. All these feet have come a long way, in life, in love, as a family, from state to state, etc. We are so happy and we are excited for the journey we are on!

Yes, I know, these are the cutest boys ever to roam the planet. :) Getting Eli to hold still is a feat. So, as soon as we set him down we were all being loud and crazy trying to distract him from crawling away. We told Will to hang on tight!
Family of four


Scott took Eli outside and he thought it was the funniest thing to see us INSIDE and him OUTSIDE. He was laughing hysterically.
PS - I know it's a weird thing, but I am a little bugged by my bangs in this picture. I can't decide if I'm a fan of my bangs with my long hair. I've had bangs a lot with my short cropped hair, but this is the first with my extra long hair..... I just can't decide if I like it..... maybe it was the freshly cut bangs? Now they are growing out and I'm liking them a bit more, although I have to pull them back a lot. Anywho...., random, but I can't help it.

5 comments:

jkmortensen said...

So cute. I love the picture of Eli and will through the door.

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Oh man, that is one cute family. I feel so good to be related! ;-)

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Oh man, that is one good looking family. I feel so lucky to be related! ;-) Will and Eli are getting so big and guapo!

Joni said...

These pics are SO fun! Your family is adorable it sure makes me miss you guys. Your hair is so long and beautiful. I hope all is going well.

Chalece said...

So fun! I can't believe how cute your little guys are. These pictures make me miss you guys! I was just looking at the pictures from our visit with you guys two summers ago. It was so fun!