1.02.2011

christmas 2010

Well, it has come and gone..... almost like it was never even here at all! It is always crazy how fast Christmas flies by, always a little sad, but always exciting to start a new year! We had such a fun Christmas this year. BOTH parents were home (not on missions) and WE were home!! Yay! We drove up to Logan for a Mortensen gathering a few days before Christmas. It was hoppin'! We had a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus, a talent show.... sort of, and lots of laughs. We also sung a really pretty song that I had never heard called the Friendly Beasts. It was so sweet, it is my mission to track it down and add it to my Christmas music repertoire.

Uncle Scott and Norah. Norah has always loved Uncle Scott, even as a baby, we love to see Norah, she is so enthusiastic about life, it is infectious!
Caleb is a big kid. But still not too big to sit on Santa's lap! He is such a fun boy, I'm glad Will has a great boy cousin to look up to!
Norah was enthralled with Mrs. Claus. She wanted a crown.... or something, and was so excited when she opened her bag there was a crown!
Oh Lia. Sweet little quiet Lia, just sat there and wouldn't even look at Santa. It was awesome. She is so darn cute, I could pack her around in my purse just for those times when I need a little pick me up!
Will was last to "sit" or be by Santa and the Mrs. He was being so shy and lately, this is the weird shy face/hands that we get...... I'm always telling him to take his hands away from his face. :)
Even Scott got in on the action! What a trooper, he had to show Will how it's done.
Will in his fun PJ's from Grandma. He loves his Grandma and Grandpa Mortensen. I think besides me and Scott they are his two most favorite people! Oh, and his other set of Grandparents....... :)
All the cute cousins, minus Eli who was asleep and missed all the action. Cute, cute, cute, cousins and such a fun night for the kids. It is so great to be around family for Christmas. We are so blessed.
The BIG day! Christmas morning. Will was hilarious when he woke up on Christmas morning. He was amazed that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk, and he was so shocked at what was in his stocking. It was so fun. He kept saying "OH MY GOSH!!!" He loved it. His big hits for gifts were his Kung Zhu, his remote control car, and his stuffed animal Rat that was in his stocking. He was a happy boy.
Eli was happy too! He loved driving around his new cars and playing with the wrapping paper. But mostly, he just wanted to eat breakfast. So he spent the bulk of gift opening in his high chair eating.... I guess that was all he wanted and that is what he got.
The coveted Gator Car. Will has been dreaming about this for weeks now. It was the highlight of his day. Especially when he got to drive it outside in the snow with Caleb. Look at his face, I love it.
Merry Christmas to all, it was a fun day. We spent the day with both families, had great food (Scott and I made the best ribs ever!!!) and enjoyed being together relaxing. It was a great holiday. Now..... back to the grind!

2 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

Looks like a wonderful christmas! I wish we were closer. We ended up staying in Wyoming for Christmas. It was great, but I must say I really miss Logan!

love ya
kasey

Betsy said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I love Christmas with little kids...it's so fun!