9.08.2010

my mothering just gets better and better

Some days.... okay most days, I'm not really sure what I am doing as a parent. Poor Will, he's the oldest, so he really gets to suffer through my mistakes, impatience, and craziness. Yesterday was nothing out of the ordinary. I was talking on the phone with my sister. When I got off the phone, Will came upstairs from the basement and very matter-of-factly said "Mom? I know you're going to be frustrated about this, I did something you told me never to do.... I drawed on myself! Sorry!" Not a tear. Not even a sad face. No regret, just stating the facts. When did the tears come? When I told him I was going to take a picture of his permanent bright green sharpie art-work! Here's proof:

He had colored, arms, legs, feet top and bottom, and hands front and back. Here he is hiding, but I got the bottoms on his feet! Ha!

Just pouting and telling me that I can't take his picture! I had to threaten him with going to his room for time-out if he didn't let me take his picture...... see, I'm awesome at this..... here's what I got in return:

Even worse, I was laughing pretty hard while trying to take a picture. You can't see it too well, but if you click on it and make the image larger, you'll see the art work.

Motherhood is exciting.

Oh ya, and later that night when getting ready for bed, after his bath, he noticed his "art-work" had almost washed off and happily said "See mom? It washes off, so next time when I do it, you can't get mad at me!"

One more thing.... do you love his bright yellow outfit? So does he. I love the day it goes in the wash and mysteriously disappears for a week.... hee hee.... my parenting gets better and better doesn't it? I better end this post.

2 comments:

DA & J said...

I tottaly agree with the outfit thing. Nathan LOVES his Brasil shirt and asks me every day to wear it. Last week, he wanted to wear it so bad, he got it out of the dirty clothes a few days in a row! I really need to hide it from him. I wonder if other people think that is the only thing he wears.! :)

Jenny

Devin and Liz said...

I wrote on the wall in my room once... it was awesome :) Good job Will! haha jk. I love how he's so sad about the picture taking.... How funny. Love you guys!