8.23.2010

a little dessert

Sometimes all you need in life is a little dessert. It seems like life is always busy, even when you think it won't be, things come up, and it always stays busy. Last month, I didn't get over to visit my vt's from church, so instead, I just dropped by with a note and a little jar of ice cream sauce. One peanut butter sauce and one hot fudge. They looked so cute, I had to take a picture. I didn't have any small tupperware to give away so I just spray painted some baby food lids and "wa-la!" the perfect little jar for ice cream topping.

We just had a great visit from Scott's brother Ty and his friend Betsey. We had a blast. It is always so fun to have visitors and have the chance to show people your life away from home. Will loved every minute and every ounce of attention. Our next visitors arrive in about 3 weeks and we can't wait! In the meantime, I'll be starting a new job, finishing up at the old job, Will is starting preschool, I'm planning our big welcome dinner for church, among other things..... we'll be busy busy.

I'm trying to soak in the last days of Summer, it is quickly coming to a close. I had high hopes to spend a week at the park, taking the boys to a different park everyday for 5 days straight.... that might have to wait, or get pushed to October at least. In the meantime, I'm just trying to enjoy the short moments of peace of quiet and of course, eat a little dessert every night after the kids are in bed. On the menu tonight: mint chocolate chip ice cream, in a glass, mixed up with a little milk. YUM! .... and a little weird I know.

1 comment:

Cassi said...

Ooooh you need to post these recipes! Those sound really good right now!