7.01.2010

a mess

Eli has hit the messiest phase in babyhood. Finger food, and feeding himself. Seriously if I step and crunch another cheerio with my bare feet, I might go crazy. On the flip-side, I LOVE this stage. Watching Eli try and try and try so hard to get every bite into his mouth is the cutest, funniest thing ever. Plus, every time he gets a bite successfully, he gets so excited that he bounces up and down, laughs, smiles, and goes a little nuts. Sometimes he gets so excited he starts squealing and then the food falls out of his mouth and he has to start all over again.

This is a funny picture. He keeps his mouth open the whole time he's trying to pick something up..... I guess just in case something flies in on it's own!?
Yay! He got it!
Uh-oh. Eli close your mouth. That cheerio is holding on for dear life and you're about to loose it! Hurry, shut those cute lips!
And last but not least.......

The end product of a full tummy:
Look at that face, isn't it the best? I think so. Plus, those two top teeth are fairly new developments. They've been approaching for months now, with swollen sore gums. Now I know why, they are pretty big. I love it, they fit his goofy personality just perfect, they are wide apart, and aren't even coming in at the same angle. Ahhh, I love this picture, I think I'm going to frame it. I know exactly why we got Eli, not only was he meant for our family, and a perfect addition, but he makes me smile and laugh every day. He melts my heart, and he loves me and knows I'm his mama.

3 comments:

paigernate said...

oh my goodness! that picture IS the BEST! i love his teeth and that smile~ OUT OF THIS WORLD! such a sweet little guy!

Lorinda said...

Eli looks older than he is to me! Good work feeding yourself little buddy...A mouthful of teeth will help get those cheerios into the tummy. All in due time.

Mary said...

He is seriously SO CUTE! Both of your boys are just adorable. Seriously, sitting behind you guys at church, I can't get over how cute they both are.