6.09.2010

a great day for homemade

This is what it looks like out my front window. Gray. Rainy. And really really pretty.

We had big plans today to play at the park. The rain put a little damper on those plans, but it's okay because I felt doing something homemade. I put black beans in the crockpot for dinner, and now my house smells like Cafe Rio..... I also decided to bake bread. So I set to work.

It goes from this, little kernals of wheat......
To this, warm fresh milled wheat flour.......
To this, raising on my stove......
Baking......
All done. Homemade bread, nothing dreary about that! It is mighty tasty too!
I love rainy days, especially during the Summer. It gives me a chance to re-group, cool off, and enjoy my home.

2 comments:

Grandpa Glenn said...

Kara, how do you always keep such a positive attitude?! I hope you know how much we love you!! The bread looks yummy!

Mary said...

I really need to make bread now! This post is making me hungry. I think I have the same wheat grinder, but (don't tell my mother-in-law) I haven't actually used it yet (we got it for Christmas). I'll have to get your recipe!