5.04.2010

it's more to be four

What does "it's more to be four" even mean? I'm not sure, but it rhymed and we've been doing lots of rhymes around our house lately. Will is always coming up with words that rhyme. He's getting really good at it too! He used to say things like "Ba ba ba.... house!" Now he says things like "ba ba ba ball!" So..... he's come a long way in the past few months!

Anyways.... on to my birthday boy. I don't think I have enough time or energy to relate all the ways Will brightens my days. He is a little ray of sunshine, a happy child, tender hearted, sensitive, energetic, loves to laugh, playful, shy, and smart. And now, he's four. F-O-U-R. Four! I don't believe it. Except that on his birthday he actually cried and said "I don't WANT to be FOUR! I want to be FIVE!" Sorry bud, one more year to go. And please don't go too fast this year, because when you do turn five that means you'll be on the brink of kindergarten and I know I'm not ready to cope with that yet.

This is Will the morning of his birthday. The essence of my little baby boy still in that sweet face. He IS still my baby, still loves to cuddle, sit on my lap, hug, and kiss, and be with mom. We are buds.... most of the time! :)

For his big birthday day, we went to the Arboretum out by Kirtland. It is SO pretty. We had fun walking around, but I decided we needed to come as a family with a baby backpack so we could really dig in and do some walking/hiking around. The stroller just wasn't cutting it for me. It was really pretty though and it was Arbor day and we got a free tree seedling. Will loves being outside so much I thought it was the perfect place to go on his day. On the way home, we had to make a stop by Old Navy. Will was in some serious need of new clothes. I let him pick out a couple outfits and he did a pretty good job. Now he has some summer clothes that fit him instead of wearing shorts that are a little too short.....

After Old Navy, we went and picked up Scott from work. Then we headed to the Cheesecake Factory! It was awesome as usual. It was great too because we were almost the only people in the restaurant. We didn't wait to be sat at all and it was so pleasant. Will loved it. He ordered fried macaroni and cheese (I know it sounds disgusting, but I'm pretty sure it is heaven on earth, and a party for the arteries!). Every time we go, we get the fried mac and chz appetizer and every time I'm eating it, I think of the Minnesota State Fair, where it is a goal to get EVERYTHING fried and on a stick. I'm sure you've heard me talk about it before, but you can literally find everything fried or on a stick at the MN State Fair, they pride themselves on it.

Okay.... on to the birthday! I had the BBQ Ranch Chicken salad to share with Scott and a cherry coke of course. A REAL cherry coke, made at the bar, the best way to go! Then we had to order cheesecake. Will got a raspberry lemon. He loved it. Went straight for the huge pile of whip cream and just started licking it like an ice cream cone. He is his mother's son....
He's showing you proudly that he is four. Look at his cheesecake, it is as "wide" as he is in this picture! It was pretty tasty!
Diving in for the whip cream! Go Will!

After dinner, we headed home. We watched Princess and the Frog, which Will thought was the best movie of all time, solely because there are frogs, bugs, and a really weird scary bad on it. We blew up the air matress, ate more of our cheesecake, and just hung out. We love Will and we had a great time celebrating his birthday. Thanks for being an amazing boy Will!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday Will! Man these kids are growing up way too fast!

Grandpa Glenn said...

I've said this before, Kara, but you really know how to have fun! Thanks for describing all of the details of your adventures with your kids... it's not as good as actually being there with you, but it's close! What a great Mom you are. I hope you have the best Mother's Day ever, the day after tomorrow.