3.06.2010

lately....

We said good-bye to my parents this week. It was hard to see them go! The house feels much more quiet and lonely without them, and we've been missing their company and helping hands! Will wanders around saying "Who's going to play with me now?" We had a great visit from them, as well as Scott's parents! My parents were here for three weeks and Scott's parents came and stayed for a few days in between.

Here are a few things we did:
-drove along the lake to downtown, to Scott's work and took a tour of the clinic
-had dinner at the clinic where I had the yummiest grasshopper cake ever!
-visited Kirtland, in the pouring rain! It was awesome as always. The boys did amazing, I was so proud!
-My dad went to work and: built me a table, made me several frames, fixed every door knob in my house, put a new bolt lock on our door, did some awesome framing in my bedroom, and helped me get my food storage organized, moved boxes, and fixed my metal shelves that I keep my cans of food on. He was busy!
-My mom shined and cleaned all the door knobs in my house, changed several diapers, did my dishes the entire time she was here, and did ALL our laundry the WHOLE time. It was great.
-We drove out to Hiram to the John Johnson Farm and took a tour
-We drove to a fun little town called Chagrin Falls, saw the water falls, and ate at a quaint little Italian restaurant.
-We watched the olympics from beginning to end, played games, and tried to get warm by our fire.
-We went out to eat and some very delicious restaurants!

Overall, we had a great time and it was so fun to have my parents and Scott's parents here with us and see our life here in Cleveland. I can't wait for them to come back again, hopefully in the Summer so they can really see how beautiful it is here and so we can get outside to do a few more things.

On to some pictures!


My boys just keep growing and growing. Will continues to be the best big brother on the planet and Eli continues to be the best baby on the planet. He's just huge and content. Will is so fun right now, he's in the question asking stage and I love it! He is so chipper and happy most of the time, he's fun to be around!
When I took my parents to Kirtland it was during the week. The temple is not open for tours during January and February except on the weekends, so on Saturday I left the boys with Scott and my parents and I went and toured the temple. It was a blizzard, but still great to see the temple and enjoy the morning with my parents. Of course we had to make a stop at Costco on the way home and had a fun afternoon doing errands!
The last day my parents were here we decorated sugar cookies. I found some really cute Easter cookie cutters at TJ Maxx and we had to make cookies with grandma before she left. We had a great time decorating! Will put about 100 chocolate chips on his cookies, and since then has eaten every single one but left his cookie for someone else. What a funny boy.

I think they turned out pretty cute! We are trying to get back into our regular routine of life, but sure do miss our parents! It just reminds us how far away we are from family and how much we miss them. But we've got lots going on in the next few months.... a family trip to Chicago, a trip to Utah to finalize the adoption, and to seal and bless Eli, a visit from my sister in May, and WARM weather headed our way!!

2 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

I love reading your blog and seeing what your family is up to. How nice for your parents and Scott's parents to come. I look forward to the day when I have a house big enough to have family come for long extended stays.

Kasey

Devin and Liz said...

How fun! I loved reading about your fun times with family just recently. We loved having a visit from my parents just recently as well... it's a little bit of home that feels so good to be around. I cannot WAIT to come to Utah when everyone will be there! WOOOOT! It's going to be completely AWESOME! Can't wait to see you guys! STill looking at flight prices. what about you?! LOVE YOU ALL :) EL FIN