2.11.2010

sweet as a sundae


I found THIS idea on one of my crafty blogs I check regularly. I thought it was so cute I wanted to try it out. Although I changed things up a bit. Here's what I did:

First, I enlisted the help of my buddy. He made a great candy tester/sorter/messer-uper. Hehe

Then we got all our supplies. Instead of using Valentine M&M's, I found Ice Cream Parlour flavored Jelly Belly's that looked super cute and fit our theme perfectly.
I let Will put all the candy in the cups. Then we tried glueing the popcorn on the styrofoam balls but it did NOT work. The popcorn kept breaking and the glue wasn't drying fast enough so it was falling off. Anyways.... plus I thought, how fun is it to get popcorn that you can't eat? Not fun. So, instead, I made white chocolate popcorn (but put red food coloring in the white chocolate to make it more valentiney), and put that on top of the candy. Now we can eat the WHOLE treat! Oh, I also bought little plastic cups instead of having to buy real dessert cups.

I also couldn't find pixie sticks at Target???Weird, but I couldn't. So I used popsicle sticks to look like our spoons. Theses were super fun to make and I can't wait to give them to my friends and family!! I attached a little not that says "You're sweet as a sundae, with a cherry a top! Happy Valentines Day!"

4 comments:

Krista said...

So cute! You are always so creative. I love your boys and miss them!! They ARE getting big! I hope you are having fun with Mom and Dad!

Justin and Stacey said...

What a cute idea!! I might steal this next year. :)

The Bryger Family said...

super cute idea Kara! You are so crafty and so thoughtful to do that for people!

Also, totally can't believe all that snow!!!! I would just die. :)

Kasey

Chrissy said...

Very cute idea.