1.22.2010

what three months can do

Yes, it's true. Eli is three months. We have now left the infant stage, and entered the baby stage. We commemorate each turning month with a little photo shoot in the same onsie. I put this size 12 months onsie on him in the hospital and have used each month since. Our big boy almost filled it out in the hospital and each month I wonder if it will fit.... or even look baggy. I'm thinking I should have done long sleeves, then we could see more of a progression. Oh well, maybe with the next babe.

At three months, Eli is very alert. LOVES to follow Will's ever move, and loves to smile at him. Giggles, is super ticklish, everywhere, and plays with his hair to no end. He wraps his little fingers all over in his hair and makes little knots, and then it goes all "fro-ey." Speaking of hair, I'm pretty sure it is about 3-4 inches long, and doesn't seem to be getting thinner, only thicker and longer.
Sorry for the lighting in these pictures. The pic above is E wearing one of Scott's baby hats. Isn't it fun? It fits him perfectly!! He's such a sweet baby. Takes great naps, goes to sleep like a champ, hardly ever cries, eat 8 oz. every 7-8 hours (yes, you read that correctly), rolls over from tummy to back, and has just started batting his hands at his toys on his little play thing.
Isn't he irresistible? I think so. Seriously, look at those legs, and those cheeks, and those dark eyes. Oh, I love this boy, more than I ever thought possible. My life has changed in a myriad of ways these past three months, and I am so blessed to have this gift in our family. I can't wait to see him grow up, but I don't want to wish the time away, it already goes so fast.

As for other family news, we're great. Will is amazing in all aspects of our life, and Scott is doing great as a dad, husband, and employee. Life really couldn't get any better.... okay, it would be nice if the the sun would shine a little more, I'm ready for Spring! But other than that, life is perfect.

10 comments:

Jaci said...

You deserve perfect! So happy for you! You are an amazing family.

I want you to brush out Eli's hair and see how poofy it can get! :) I'd love to see this cute boy in person one day! he is so dang cute!

Katie Davis said...

He could not be any sweeter! SO darling! I'm with you on the sun thing! Please come soon spring!

The Bryger Family said...

He is so dang cute. So happy for you guys! Can't believe how big he is getting. And I agree with Jaci I think you should totally poof his hair out and take a pic for inquiring minds.

Love ya
kasey

Krista said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that boy in May. Tell him to get ready because his crazy Aunt is on her way!!

Jenn said...

That's a great idea to see how he grows! Leave it to you to be so creative! :) What a sweet smile!

A & M Ras said...

He is one stinkin' cute babe.

jkmortensen said...

Love the pictures! Eli is growing like crazy! What's even MORE crazy is that I have not even met the guy!

Miss you guys and can't wait to see you in 3 months from now (that sounds long, but in reality it will go by super quick).

PS- Lost starts in a couple of days!!

J Dawg

Betsy said...

He really is adorable! Glad you're all doing well.

Lorinda said...

Does he really only eat every 7 hours? What in the world? He is very scrumptious and Will is so grown-up. Caleb and Ivie laughed really hard at Will's letter! Thanks for sending it. Love you!

Justin and Stacey said...

That last picture of Eli is SO CUTE!! He is so yummy. :) Thanks again for coming over tonight. Can't wait for the weekend! You guys are great!!