1.27.2010

first haircut

We did it! We cut the hair. It was an exciting event around here! It was a lot of fun, sort of sad to say good bye to that silky baby hair, but exciting to discover what was sprouting underneath. Actually we were quite shocked to find a FULL, THICK, CURLY head of hair hidden under the baby hair. It is awesome, we can't stop touching it, although it's a little itchy. Even Will's been rubbing his head all day.

Here's a before shot. Since his hair is SO tight and curly underneath the baby hair, we couldn't get it into much of a fro before cutting. I think we'll have to let the new stuff grow out to get a true fro going. But here's before. And I have to mention, those lips, seriously? Aren't they awesome? Ha! This kid melts my heart.

The after shot..... I think he looks a lot older. I'm pretty sure we cut a few inches off, and could have done more, but we didn't want to go too short.

So there you have it folks. For all you curious people out there, you are welcome to a little head rub anytime! :) It'll make you smile, if you aren't already.

7 comments:

jfb said...

so stinkin' cute! i agree, he looks older!

Shelly Traveller said...

it's amazing how much a haircut can make them look so different and grown up. I'm sure you'll be cutting it again pretty soon though.

Lindsay said...

Eli's new haircut makes him look a lot older. He is so cute! I love his cute cheeks and lips.

The Bryger Family said...

so awesome!! he does look a lot older. It is nice that he still has a full head of hair after all of that!!! He is so handsome!!

Kasey

Sara the Survivor said...

Thanks for inviting me again! And he is awesomely cute!!!! Haircuts seem to always make my boys look older. He really it cute and getting really big!

Sara

mom2beachbums said...

Wow, Kara he just gets CUTER. He melts my heart too.

monica said...

So cute! What a little man.