10.22.2009

a mother's love.... & going home

I've had a lot of time to think about what it means to be a mother in these past few years. But not until now have I really understood the love a mother has for her child. In our case with Eli, the mother's love is multiplied by 2. I feel so blessed and lucky to know his birthmother the way I do. I can't wait to show him pictures and tell him about the amazing woman who brought him to earth. It was an emotional day yesterday as we said good-bye at the hospital and watched our sweet little birthmother kiss Eli, talk to him, tell him to be a good boy, and then hand him to me. 

Here are her last few moments before she signed her relinquishment papers....



All of us

All strapped in and ready to go!
BIG BROTHER TIME!
Will is doing such a great job and absolutely LOVES Eli. He held him for over an hour when we got him home, wouldn't let anybody touch him, and just loved on him with kisses, little pats on the head, stroking his cheek, and telling everyone around him all about it. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. He's been so exciting to include him in everything, brings him toys and snacks to eat, and loves to be a part of changing his diaper, feeding him, and getting him dressed. When we got in the car Will said "Mom? I didn't know he was going to look like that inside Keona's tummy?!" 
So far, so good, we are surviving the new parent stage! We'll see how things go when Scott has to go back to Cleveland and I'm all on my own!! Good thing I have great family around!

6 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

What sweet and precious moments. Will is going to be a great big brother it sounds like.

I am really happy for you guys. Good luck with everything Eli is so cute. What a perfect addition to your perfect family.

love you guys
kasey

Chalece said...

Will is so cute! That is adorable that he wouldn't let anyone else touch him. I'm sure he'll be such a help to you.

What an emotional experience for all of you! That little boy is so blessed to be in your family. I'm so happy for you!

monica said...

Kara! Stop making me cry with every post. I don't think I have any tears left. Your story of Eli is just beautiful, he's beautiful and your family is perfect for him. Congratulations!

mom2beachbums said...

Crying here too! What a beautiful birth momma and absolutely adorable baby boy and fabulous new mommy and daddy and awesome big brother. You can see the 'beaming' from Will ~~ he is so precious! All of you remain in my prayers. Kara you will do great and I know you must be anxious to get back home and settled. I'm excited for your folks to get home and how awesome they get to meet a fresh new grandbaby. Kiss his little cheeks extra for me.

The Ogden Family said...

i'm jumping on the crying wagon, too! what wonderful pics, and will is just so cute with him! did i mention i love his name, too. congrats again!

Mandi said...

Kara, i have loved reading about Eli! I am so excited for you, scott and will. Eli looks like he fits right in. . .he is a lucky boy.