8.02.2009

a visit from friends

Okay, I promise that not EVERY post is going to be of Kirtland. But each time we go, we see something new, or I get different pictures. Besides, this is for posterity, so if it bugs you that I keep posting pictures of what we do, a lot, sorry.....

This time in Kirtland we got to go through the temple. It is very pretty and we learned some interesting facts. Our friends from MN have been doing an internship in New Jersey all Summer, so they stopped by and stayed a couple nights at our house. It was SO fun to have them and see them. Will had a ball with his little buddy, they really had a great time. We miss you guys already!!


This is the saw mill at Kirland. Here's where they powered a lot of their electricity, as well as made stones and did work for the temple. The flowers were amazing, and everything is SO green here, the day was beautiful.... blue skies, and sunny!


One of Will's favorite things to do is pick flowers. He was loving this field behind the Ashery building. 
Two friends....
The new family history center....
Newel K. Whitney's little home. 
Here's where the action was: Will running up and down the hill, or running up and rolling down like little A is doing. Eventually Will decided not to roll down (he couldn't quite get the hang of it) and started scooting on his bum.
Still rolling.....
Will just waiting under the tree for his friend to hurry and roll down the hill and run back up. I think he was just taking a break.
Scooting on the bum. This reminded me of months past and my little man scooting around on his bum instead of crawling.

It was a great day and fabulous visit from friends. We had awesome hamburgers and fries, ice cream, chatted and laughed until all hours of the morning. Good luck on your 12 hour drive guys!! We miss you!

3 comments:

Cassi said...

How fun!! It looks like you guys are really enjoying Ohio already!!! We really miss you!

mom2beachbums said...

Oh I enjoyed seeing these pictures of Kirtland! Been years since I've been there and hope to get there someday again in the near future. Been in TX too long I think I forget how GREEN & pretty it is out East. You guys are really getting to explore some neat places in the USA. And I so wish I had your talent and ability to decorate, your house is so awesome. We've lived in ours 3 months and just the other day put up a shelf in the boys 2 rooms. That's it. I cannot for the life of me decorate. I do love getting ideas and inspiration, might have to try to make one of those placemat pillows. Those old charming homes are my favorite! Your parents are probably going to want to get out and visit you as soon as possible after their home!

kwh said...

Kara- I'm finally back home and am getting caught up on what you've been up to! We saw Jill for just a few minutes last night before they left again this morning. She said she had a great time with you guys. Anyway, thanks for all the beautiful pictures and updates!!