7.29.2009

bits and pieces, part 1

My sisters and some friends have been asking to see pictures of the house, so, as promised, here are a few bits and pieces of the house. Or parts of the house.  Things are coming together nicely, and it is beginning to feel more and more like home. Ready? 

These are my lovely plates, in the new plate rack. I'll give you a better picture once the kitchen is more ready to be shown.  For now, you'll just have to look at this. Aren't they pretty? I love how cheery they make my kitchen!!

This is our little office nook. We painted the back of the shelves to give it a little more depth. My favorite part of these shelves are my cute little Nauvoo houses at the top, they bring back some wonderful memories.
This is our entry way. These old homes have so much charm, I love the glass in our breeze-way door, the arched ceiling by the stairs, and the rod iron handrail.
This is the view out our big bay window in the front room. Isn't it pretty?  It is so green right now. I made the red pillows out of place-mats today. Yep, place-mats. I found the tutorial on a blog somewhere and it was SO easy, cheap, and fun!
A close up of my new pillows. Basically all it was, was rip a seam, stuff, sew up the seam. It is my new favorite thing, place-mats are so fun, and can be pretty inexpensive. I'm hooked.
There you have it, a mini-tour of our living room. More to come soon, I promise. We just bought a chair, we're waiting for bedding, and my kitchen is coming along nicely. When I have more areas to show you, I will! :)

10 comments:

Jenn said...

Kara, you are simply amazing! I love seeing pictures of your house!

The Bryger Family said...

You are such a fabulous decorator!! I can't wait for more!!!!

Kasey

Joni said...

I love it! You are so CRAFTY... :0)! (She's crafty...)

Jaci said...

love your style! can I come be your guest?!! :)

Ty Mortensen said...

Oh my gosh! What an awesome house... You guys seriously have such awesome style. Your shelf is really neat!

Betsey and I are in the process of remodeling the bedroom in my downstairs apartment. There were a lot of dings and bubbles in the walls, so I've sanded all the walls, and used dry wall mud. Now we're priming/painting! It's exciting. :)

Devin and Liz said...

I love the bright colors. WOOT! Good job Kara. I will eventually be asking you about all of these crafts you do so I can inherit those skills as well! Love you guys :)

Mandi said...

You are one creative little housewife. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Grandpa Glenn said...

Kara, you are incredible. I know that I tell you this a lot.... but thanks again for marrying Scott. He is an amazing young man with many fantastic accomplishment. But his greatest accomplishment was marrying you!!
Hey, I REALLY miss Will!! Please Skipe again soon.
You guys really know how to decorate! Maybe you should consider that as a vocation on the side?!
Love, Granpa Glenn

Chalece said...

Your house looks great! Good idea with the shelves, I wouldn't have thought about that. Where did you find the tutorial for the pillows?? Such a great idea, and they turned out so cute.

Amy said...

It looks so great! I just love the character of your house.. and you've complimented it so well!!!