6.07.2009

Since being married, our lives have been more than busy.  When we were newly weds, we were both working, going to school, serving in our church callings, and "working" as landlords at our house.  We hardly ever saw each other and every weekend, one or both of us was up early to work.

Since I've had a baby, I've surprised myself at how NOW I feel like 8-9am is mid-morning when before it was early morning.  Will has always been a pretty good sleeper, but he's gone through phases where he goes to bed early and wakes up at the crack of dawn.... 6-6:30am.  Now, it's a little better, but our mornings usually start around 7am, and most mornings, I'm up at 6:30 to go running with some gal pals.

The reason for all this useless information? The only thing I wanted for my birthday was to SLEEP-IN.  I asked Scott if I could just sleep in, take a shower, and get ready without any interruptions.  It's those odd, selfish, simple things that you often miss the most when you become a mother! :) SO.... being the supportive hubby that he is, he agreed.  

The day of my birthday, I vaguely remember waking up at 8am to help Will out of bed, and then I remember smiling to myself and remembering that I could keep sleeping.  So, I laid back down in my comfy bed and kept sleeping..... and sleeping.... and sleeping.... until 10am.  That's right, 10am.  I can't remember that last time I've slept in so long.  Definitely not in the past three years, but probably not for many years before that either. It felt SO AMAZING! I got to sleep in, take a LONG, uninterrupted shower, and get ready, just like I wanted.  I was even pleasantly surprised by crepes, made by Scott, with fresh fruit, whip cream, and Nutella.  They were delicious! I spent the rest of the day enjoying being with my little family, out to an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory and cuddled up with a movie at home afterward.  It was nothing short of a perfect way to spend my birthday. 

**the "rest" of my birthday gift is coming, a GPS is in the mail! I am SO excited, I no longer have fears of getting completely lost while driving around Cleveland..... yipee! Thanks Scotty!**

Sorry no pictures..... you can just picture me a year older and wiser, Scott handsome as always, and Will as the crazy three year old that he is.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Kara! I am glad that you had the wonderful day that you deserve. Can't wait to see you guys!

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday. I admire you that you know yourself so well that you would think to ask for those very things. Love it!

Shae said...

Happy Birthday Kara!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Kara. I am also sad we didn't get to say good bye. I would love to come visit you guys. Ryan may even consider applying at Cleveland Clinic, so we will see what happens. I can't believe that we only have one more year left. I am so excited! We are really going to miss you guys.

Amy said...

I LOVE this idea... I think I'm going to have to steal it for my next birthday!! I'm glad you had a relaxing, wonderful birthday!