6.27.2009

my new dressers

Thanks to a hard working husband, we got our dressers done! These pictures don't do it justice, but they are beautiful! They went from being dark stained wood (which was also pretty, but needed some updating) to a great shade of turqoise blue. I decided to keep the original drawer pulls because they added just the right touch and exactly what I was looking for, a little modern vintage look.   I did spray paint the handles black with a metallic black paint and they really look great. Sorry, I'm not trying to brag, I just love the way they turned out. Scott did a great job sanding and painting, I'm so happy with them! Maybe once I get my bedroom all put together, I'll put a picture of the finished product up! 

These dressers mean a lot to me. They were my grandma's bedroom set, and have two bedside tables, a gorgeous mirror, and a bed that all goes together. I've loved having them and remember visiting my grandma and sleeping in her bed and playing with her dressers and mirror. I'm glad they were passed down to me and that I get to keep them forever. Now, I think they look even prettier!

5 comments:

Chalece said...

Oh Kara, brag away! They look AMAZING, I love the color! I do want to see pictures of your room when you get it all together. Great job!!
So it wasn't too hard then? You've really got me wanting to paint something...
And I have to say I totally thought about you a couple days ago when I saw some nice looking kitchen chairs out by our dumpster. I almost grabbed them, but Rob said no... :)

Krista said...

They look great, Kara. I think I imagined a much brighter shade of turquoise and I wasn't so sure what I would think of them. But I love the color! Good job! I'm so excited to see them in person!

Devin and Liz said...

How crafty you are :) Good job Kara. and once again, way to be adventurous and daring with the colors! They turned out very CHIC... haha. Glad you made it saftely to your new home despite some of the bad luck you had. ALSO, thanks for skyping with me the other night! I want to do that more often. It's funny doing it by myself though. maybe my hubbie will be NOT working next time. LOVE YOU :) el fin

jkmortensen said...

great job! I love the handles great touch! Hope all is going well, thanks for keeping us up to date.

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Oh are those Grandma Childers'? I love the color! They are so lovely and tranquil - great for a bedroom! Way to go crafty lady - keep the crafts coming- I love to see what other people are doing. =)