6.16.2009

Lots Going On...

My house is 99% packed.  It's also about 95% clean (as far as deep cleaning goes). My sweet hubby cleaned the oven for me! I was DREADING having to do it and because he loves me, he did it for me.  We cleaned side by side for over an hour, I the fridge/freezer, and him the stove and oven.  It was great, we actually had fun doing it.  Besides choking on oven-cleaner fumes.

We've had a lot going on these past few weeks and I haven't blogged much about it.  So, sorry for the picture overload and randomness to this post.... that is just kind of what my life is like these days.  Boy, are we ever excited and ready for our move! Sad, very, very, sad to be leaving such wonderful friends, but ready for the change and our HOUSE!

Okay, I know I've said like a billion times, but Scott is such a great dad/husband.  Having him out of school and at home so much this past month has been wonderful.  I know he's anxious to get back into work and such (and we are equally ready for a bit more routine), but we've had a lot of fun.  Will especially has loved every minute.  Loves to help dad with the tools, packing, and everything else he's doing.  This day, they decided to switch ties, at Will's request.


I think Will wore his tie for almost an hour, he thought it was great to be like dad! Especially when Dad tells him it's okay to jump on the bed! 
See? He even wants to pack himself up to make sure we don't forget him when we move! He didn't like getting wrapped up so much, but it was pretty funny to begin with.
In the midst of everything, we got to celebrate my birthday.  Here's us out to dinner, 
and Will asleep on my leg.
Will awake eating a macaroni and cheese ball. Yum.
We find lots of interesting things to entertain us while we pack, but this has been the latest favorite.  Cowboys and Indians. Does anyone remember these? You set them up and shoot them with rubber bands.  Unless your rubber bands are packed, then you just set them up, or throw other things at them to knock them down. Here's how I found my kitchen one afternoon while I had been busy packing.

These cowboys were having a "stake-out" right on my kitchen counter.  And Will did this all himself, it was pretty great, and we couldn't take them down for a long time!
We've been trying to soak up every last ounce of this beautiful state and beautiful weather.  I think the beautiful summer weather almost makes you forget about the nasty winter. A few days ago, we headed out with some friends to enjoy the sunshine and have a picnic.  They have a really great man-made "pond" that the kids loved and a really huge playground.


We've made some really great memories here and we are really going to miss it.  BUT, on to the next adventure! We are happy, healthy, and excited about life.


1 comment:

Jaci said...

you guys are such a cute family! I love the cowboys and Indians lined up on the counter. it reminded me of Toy Story-- but I guess those were army men.
Any ways, your life is so fun to follow. Simple and sweet-- I love it.